Posted by Sha
Filed under Spotlight
The local sports scene finally scores big when the much awaited signing between Singapore Sports Council (SSC) and the Singapore Sports Hub Consortium (SSHC) was finally sealed.
Mr Oon Jin Teik, Chief Executive Officer of the Singapore Sports Council met Ludwig Reichhold, Managing Director of Dragages Singapore, on 26th August to finalize the S$1.33 billion deal, that will see the new Sports Hub ready by April 2014.
The deal initially was put off by two years due to the financial crisis of 2007.
Now finally the old Kallang Stadium will be demolished starting next month, and the construction begins.
Singapore Sports Hub facilities
The facilities of the new 35-hectare Sports Hub will comprise of:
- A new 55,000-capacity National Stadium with a retractable roof;
- A 6,000-capacity indoor Aquatic Centre that meets world tournament standards;
- A 3,000-capacity multi-purpose indoor arena which will be scalable and flexible in layout;
- 41,000 sq m of commercial space
- A Water Sports Centre
- The existing 12,000-capacity Singapore Indoor Stadium; and
- Supporting leisure and commercial developments
3rd Sep 2010