(1) All athletes (through their respective coaches) who had made known their request for selection for any particular Meet, will be ranked.
(2) Ranking will be by the Priority Tier System (PTS).
(i) Using the PTS we will rank each athlete within his/her category of Meets (E.g: 2012 Meets where only Seniors are invited. The 2012 Asian Junior Championships. The 2012 SEA Youth Championships).
(ii) PTS will be in effect for 2012/2013 Seasons.
(3) SAA’s final nominations and selection will be based on the quota given by the host country.
(i) Athletes’ results from July 1 2011 till June 30 2012 will be used for consideration for any Meet scheduled from 1 Jan 2012 till June 30 2012.
(iii) Athletes’ results from Jan 1 2012 till June 30 2012 will be considered for Meets that are scheduled from 1 July 2012 till 31 Dec 2012.
(5) Priority Tier System (PTS)
- (a) SEA Games Medalists and Athletes who can meet 1st – 3rd placing performance at 2011 SEA Games
(a) Athletes who are 2% off the SEA Games 2011 Bronze medal mark
(b) Athletes who are 2% off the 2012 Asian Junior Championships qualifying mark (*)
(c) Athletes who are 2% off the 2012 SEA Youth Championships qualifying mark (*)
(*) From July 2012 onwards the qualifying mark for Juniors will be the 6th placing of the 2012 Asian Junior Championships and 3rd placing of the 2012 SEA Youth Championships.
(6) Names of Athletes who meet the above criteria will be submitted to the TRAINING & SELECTION COMMITTEE for consideration to be selected for the respective the Meets:
(7) Co-payment Scheme & Self-Funded Categories:
(i) Athletes who are not in Tier 1 or Tier 2, may submit their requests for participation in such Meets. The Training & Selection Committee will study the merit of each submission and decide on extent of co-payment or self-funding.
(ii) SAA will reimburse the air ticket (economy class) for athletes who travel under the co-payment and ‘self-funded’ categories, if he/she meets the respective qualifying mark at the particular Meet.
(8) If two Athletes from different events have achieved the respective qualifying marks and are vying for one spot on the team, IAAF points will be used to decide the “better” performance (See examples below). This system will be used to decide the “better” of two Athletes within a particular Tier.
Example to show why using the IAAF Points System is fairer in deciding “better” performance between different events.
5% off absolute is 10.9s + 0.545s = 11.445s
5% off IAAF points 10.90s (916 points) = 870.2 points is 11.06s
Shot Put 12m
5% off absolute is 15m – 0.75m = 14.25m
5% off IAAF points 12m (824 points) = 782.8 points is 14.30m
Pole Vault 4.50m
5% off absolute is 4.50m – 0.225m = 4.275m
5% off IAAF points 4.50m (839 points) = 797.05 points is 4.34m
5% off absolute is 15mins (900s + 45s) = 945s (15:45s)
5% off IAAF points 15mins (808 points) = 767.6 points is 15:14.54s
SAA Co-Payment Scheme for 2012
Records Breaking Incentives for 2012
Entry marks into National Team
2012 Team Selection Criteria (PDF)
2013 Sea Games Qualifying Marks (PDF)
2012 Asian Junior Qualifying Marks (PDF)
2012 SEA Youth Qualifying Marks (PDF)
2012 Olympics Qualifying Marks (PDF)
24th Jan 2012