Countdown to this event
COURSE CONTENT : IAAF Technical Rules of Track and Field Events
COURSE DATES : 15 & 16 October 2016 (Exam on 21 October 2016)
TIME : 9am - 5pm
VENUE : Singapore Sportshub
CLOSING DATE : Tuesday, 27 September 6.00 pm (Both payment, online application and relevant certificates must be submitted by stated closing date and time)
COURSE FEE PER PERSON : S$120
LECTURER : Mr S. Govindaraju (IAAF TOECS Level I Lecturer)
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION : English
CERTIFICATION : The SA Track & Field Officiating Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
ATTENDANCE : 100% Attendance
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- Provide participants with the theoretical and practical training to make technical officials competent to officiate at local, regional, national and exceptionally, at international competitions held within their country.
- Identify and develop competence in basic officiating skills
- Provide an understanding of the role and develop the qualities and competence of a Technical Official
- Provide an introduction to an understanding of the IAAF Competition Rules
- Encourage, improve and verify appropriate interpretation and application of the IAAF Competition Rules by Technical Officials
- Provide an introduction to the basics of competition management
- Foster the ethical and moral development of Technical Officials.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria before being accepted:
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old and have an interest in athletics
- Candidates must be physically fit for their assigned role. This does not exclude individuals with disabilities from participating from the courses.
To qualify for the National certificate awarded by SA for Track & Field Officials you need to pass the Written Examination (at least 50%)
- Attend four (4) practical sessions at four (4) SA Events.
We accept payment by cheque or cash.
Payment Deadline: Tuesday, 27 September 2016 (6pm) to:
3 Stadium Drive # 01-33 Singapore Sports Hub S(397630)
Tel: (+65) 63862721
Fax: (+65) 63867773
Cheque should be made payable to Singapore Athletic Association
The refund of Course Fees will be based on the Refund Policy Table below:
% of the aggregate amount of the fees paid
If applicant’s written notice of withdrawal is received
More than 7 days before the Course Commencement Date
Less than 7 Days before the Course Commencement Date
After Course Commencement Date
* Refunds will be made within 30 working-days upon receipt of written notice