Posted by carine
Filed under Announcements, Courses, Officials, Officials SA Course
Countdown to this course
Click here to register
- Fri 4 Mar 2022 - 7pm – 9pm
- Sat 5 Mar 2022 - 8am to 6pm
- Sun 6 Mar 2022 - 8am to 76pm
- Fri 11 Mar 2022 – 7pm – 9pm (Exam)
Venue: Singapore Athletics 3 Stadium Drive, #01-33, Singapore 397630
Registration Closing Date : Wed, 23 February 2022, 6pm
Course Fee Per Person: S$120 ; Student S$80
(Payment to be made by 4 March 2022, 6pm)
OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE
- Equip participants with the theoretical knowledge and practical know-how.
- Identify and develop competence in basic officiating skills.
- Provide an understanding of the role and develop the qualities and competence of a Technical Official.
- Provide an introduction to an understanding of the World Athletics (WA) Competition Rules
- Encourage, improve and verify appropriate interpretation and application of the WA Competition Rules by Technical Officials
- Provide an introduction to the basics of competition management.
- Foster the ethical and moral development of Technical Officials.
- Comprehensive training and support system to enable officials to develop and progress along the training pathway.
Participants will be awarded the SA Technical Officiating Certificate by Singapore Athletics upon passing the Written Examination (at least 50%) and completing practical sessions at SA-Organised Events. More detailed will be given during the course.
Participants who successfully complete the course receive SA Technical Officiating Certificate. Those participants who have met the required standards are eligible to attend the World Athletics Technical Officials Education and Certification System (WA TOECS) Level I course.
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria before being accepted in the SA TO Course:
- Candidates must be at least 15 years old and have an interest in athletics.
- Candidates must be physically fit. This does not exclude individuals with disabilities from participating from the courses.
- Candidates must have attended the Event Crew/Team Nila Workshop conducted by Singapore Athletics or have prior experience as a SA Event Crew or show proof /evidence of involvement in Athletics. Those who do not meet this requirement should contact Ms Carine () from Singapore Athletics.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in Sports and conduct of Sport Events. Coaches and Sports Events Companies / Organisers, PE teachers etc. who wants to gain an understanding about Track & Field meetings and basic Track & Field officiating skills.
Payment Deadline: 4 March 2022, 6pm
We accept the following modes of payment:
1) Payment by Internet Banking or transfer via ATM:
Bank Account No. 015-003582-0 (Auto-Current account)
Name of Account Holder: SINGAPORE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
Name of bank: DBS Bank Ltd ( Thomson branch)
SWIFT CODE: DBSSSGSG
Please email to [email protected] the screenprint of the payment transaction with subject "SA TO Course".
2) Payment by PayNow
To to SA UEN S63SS0015LGEN
(Indicate your Full Name in the remark box)
Click here to register
11th Feb 2022