Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements, Officials, TOECS
- 21 Aug – Course posted.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
COURSE CONTENT : IAAF Technical Rules of Track and Field Events
COURSE DATES : 7 & 8 October (2hr written exam on 13 Oct)
TIME : 9am – 5pm
VENUE : HOA & Blackbox Auditorium.
CLOSING DATE : Monday, 7 September 5.00 pm (Both payment, online application and relevant certificates must be submitted by stated closing date and time)
COURSE FEE PER PERSON : S$120
LECTURER : TBC
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION : English
CERTIFICATION : The IAAF TOECS Level 1 Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
ATTENDANCE : 100% Attendance
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- Provide participants with the theoretical and practical training to make technical officials competent to officiate at local, regional, national and exceptionally, at international competitions held within their country.
- Identify and develop competence in basic officiating skills
- Provide an understanding of the role and develop the qualities and competence of a Technical Official
- Provide an introduction to an understanding of the IAAF Competition Rules
- Encourage, improve and verify appropriate interpretation and application of the IAAF Competition Rules by Technical Officials
- Provide an introduction to the basics of competition management
- Help Identify Candidates for TOECS Level II
- Foster the ethical and moral development of Technical Officials.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria before being accepted on a TOECS Level 1 Course
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old and have an interest in athletics
- They must be able to read, write and converse in the language in which the course is to be conducted.
- Candidates must be physically fit for their assigned role. This does not exclude individuals with disabilities from participating from the courses.
- Compulsory to attend all classes punctually and throughout the duration of the course (100% attendance).
SA TOECS COURSE ASSESSMENT & RECOGNITION
There will be a theory exam on Tuesday 13 October 2015 from 5pm to 7pm. Venue to be re-confirmed.
Students who achieve 50% and above in the written paper will have to officiate at four (4) SA Meets by end of March 2016, preferably at the following events:
(1) Inter-Club Meets (24 & 25 Oct 2015)
(2) Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (6 Dec 2015)
(3) 2016 SA Series 1
(4) SA X-Country 2016
Upon completion of the 4 SA Meets candidates will be awarded the SA TOECS National Certificate. Certification in this course allows you to officiate in events sanctioned by SA or direct SA events, as well as offers you an advantage towards upgrading to more advance technical official courses.
How to get to Blackbox Auditorium
Take the circle line and stop at Stadium Mrt. Exit from Exit A and walk straight till you see the Singapore Sports Museum/Visitors Centre (black building) on your left. The auditorium is inside the visitor centre building.