Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements, Kids' Athletics
by the Ministry of Education & Singapore Athletics
Thursday, 21 November 2019
Physical, Sports & Outdoor Education Branch Seminar Room
Ministry of Education
- Elangovan s/o Ganesan – former national athlete (middle & long distance) & currently a World Athletics Level 5 Academy ‘Chief Coach Youth’.
- Jonathan Ng – PhD in motor competence & Senior Education Officer in the Physical Sports and Outdoor Education Branch, Ministry of Education
- Khairina Mohd – former athlete (middle & long distance), & currently a Senior Manager with Singapore Athletics and an World Athletics Kids’ Athletics Lecturer.
- Timothy Charles D Cruz – former athlete (sprints), & currently a Lead Teacher (PE) with the Ministry of Education.
- Wong Swee Meng – is a former athlete (400m hurdles & middle distance) & currently Senior Specialist in the Physical Sports and Outdoor Education Branch, Ministry of Education.
This workshop is an effort by Singapore Athletics to create a joyful nursery for the discovery and appreciation of athletics. This workshop equips educators with key concepts and practices for how KA is customised & conducted in the context of Singapore’s athletics scene.
Kids’ Athletics (KA) is a concept in athletics initiated by the World Athletics. It aims to develop young athletes through systematic age- and development-appropriate training to help them realise their full potential in future.
A total of 23 teachers from various schools attended this workshop.
Six students demonstrated to the teachers the effective exercises & drills for young athletes.
There will be another workshop in May 2020 for the teachers. We will update in the website accordingly, or signup to our mailing list.
Click on thumbnail to enlarge the photo.
Senior Manager Kids’ Athletics Dept
22nd Nov 2019
Tags: Kids Athletics, Photos, workshop