by the Ministry of Education & Singapore Athletics
Thursday, 21 November 2019
Physical, Sports & Outdoor Education Branch Seminar Room
Ministry of Education
- Elangovan s/o Ganesan – former national athlete (middle & long distance) & currently a World Athletics Level 5 Academy ‘Chief Coach Youth’.
- Jonathan Ng – PhD in motor competence & Senior Education Officer in the Physical Sports and Outdoor Education Branch, Ministry of Education
- Khairina Mohd – former athlete (middle & long distance), & currently a Senior Manager with Singapore Athletics and an World Athletics Kids’ Athletics Lecturer.
- Timothy Charles D Cruz – former athlete (sprints), & currently a Lead Teacher (PE) with the Ministry of Education.
- Wong Swee Meng – is a former athlete (400m hurdles & middle distance) & currently Senior Specialist in the Physical Sports and Outdoor Education Branch, Ministry of Education.
This workshop is an effort by Singapore Athletics to create a joyful nursery for the discovery and appreciation of athletics. This workshop equips educators with key concepts and practices for how KA is customised & conducted in the context of Singapore’s athletics scene.
Kids’ Athletics (KA) is a concept in athletics initiated by the World Athletics. It aims to develop young athletes through systematic age- and development-appropriate training to help them realise their full potential in future.
A total of 23 teachers from various schools attended this workshop.
Six students demonstrated to the teachers the effective exercises & drills for young athletes.
Click on thumbnail to enlarge the photo.
Senior Manager Kids’ Athletics Dept