Update: Post Workshop assets as below. Thank you for the support!
Sign-up to our next CCE Workshop here –> Surfing the Force-Velocity Curve: Weightlifting Derivatives
(For NROC Athletics Coaches only)
At the end of this workshop, coaches will be able to:
- Understand what constitutes a good technical model of shot put
- Provide a framework for developing technical excellence in both rotational and glide shot put
- It will give coaches a technical model to adhere to give athletes and coaches a tool to understand technical mismatches
- Ability to clearly diagnose what body processes and systems need the most attention
About the Presenter
This workshop will be presented by Stuart Carlaw, who is a shot and discus coach based in Northamptonshire, UK and is a former member of the National Coach Development Program and currently a member of the British Athletics Futures Programme. Stuart is the National Talent Event Lead for Shot Put and also the Midlands Regional Coach Lead. Stuart held team coach positions for various England and GB teams in 2019. He has also delivered a range of Shot Masterclasses for England Athletics. He has a BSc in Sports Science. In 2019, athletes coached by Stuart achieved 16 national medals, 8 national titles, a top 8 European finish and 2 national records in both Shot Put and Discus.
Date and Time
- 19 March 2021 (Friday), 8pm to 9pm
The Zoom link will be e-mailed to confirmed participants.
- Maximum 50 pax. Registration is on first-come-first-served basis.
- To register, please access this link
11th Mar 2021