At a SAA recent MC meeting on 14th October, it was passed during that meeting that SAA will now recognise Road Races be to “National Records” instead of “National Best Performances”, in accordance to IAAF as long as the criteria set by IAAF is achieved.
The following below records currently under “National Best Performances” are now recognised as “National Records”.
- Marathon Men (R) 2:24:22 Murugiah Rameshon 1964 Chiang Mai, Thailand SEA Games 13-Dec-1995
- 20KM walk Men (R) 1:36:01 Sim Soo Chye Edmund 1983 Nomi, Japan Asian 20km Race Walking C’ships 11-Mar-2012
- 50KM walk Men (R) 5:07:03 Arumugan Kannan 1951 Rangoon, Myanmar 9-Dec-1969
- 10KM walk Women (R) 51:05.0 Low Guan Hoon Helen 15-Sep-1949 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 11-Aug-1991
- 20KM walk Women (R) 2:03:11 Tin, Shu Min 1995 Singapore S’pore Open C’ships 24-Aug-2014
- Marathon Women (R) 2:34:41 Yvonne Danson 22-May-1959 Chiang Mai, Thailand SEA Games 13-Dec-1995
- Marathon Women (R) 3:29:30 Choo Mui Luan 30-Oct-1979 Singapore 5-Dec-1993
The following future Road events (Except U23), in the event a new record is established and was ratified, it will now qualify for SAA Records Breaking Incentives.
29th Oct 2014