The records monetary incentives will be as below:
Senior: $500 for athlete, $500 for coach
- Senior – $1000 to be shared equally among the 4 athletes, $1000 for coach
- Junior – $500 to be shared equally among the 4 athletes, $500 for coach
- Youth – $500 to be shared equally among the 4 athletes, $500 for coach
Junior (U-20): $300 for athlete, $300 for coach
Youth (U-18): $100 for athlete, $100 for coach
Please take note:
- There will be no payment for newly introduced events (Such as 4x100m mixed relay) & Indoor Records.
- Incentives for 4x100m mixed relay will be paid from 2020 onwards
- There is no incentive for Indoor record, which is being recognised from 2010 onwards.
Any enquiries, please contact us at
Terms and Conditions
- No Limit to record breaking per year.
- A record breaker who establishes a new record which also breaks the record/s in other categories will be paid only for the record in the highest category (same applies to the coach).
- All records shall be classified only as Open, Junior and Youth records. All previous Age category records ie.U15, U17, U19, U23 shall be kept as “Performance” records only and shall no longer be recognized for any monetary award.
- All records can only be recognized after submission of necessary documents to SA and approved by SA’s Management Committee. Payment shall be made only when the record is entered into the SA’s records book.
- All payment will be made only at the end of the each year.
- Please refer to the IAAF Competition Rules (RULE 141 – Age and Sex Categories) for the various age-group definitions, set by WA.
- All payments shall stop or have to be paid back to SA, and the record declared null & void, if an athlete is tested positive for banned substance/s, within one year (365 days) after establishing a new record.
- There will be no recognition/payment for any records that are equaled.
29th Oct 2014