Record breaking monetary incentives:
Senior: $500 for athlete, $500 for coach
- Senior – $500 to be shared equally among the 4 athletes, $125 for athlete’s personal coach
- Junior – $500 to be shared equally among the 4 athletes, $125 for athlete’s personal coach
- Youth – $500 to be shared equally among the 4 athletes, $125 for athlete’s personal coach
Junior (U-20): $300 for athlete, $300 for coach
Youth (U-18): $100 for athlete, $100 for coach
- 2019 Dec – Incentives for 4x100m mixed relay will be paid from 2020 onwards
- 2019 Aug – There will be no payment for newly introduced events (Such as 4x100m mixed relay) & Indoor Best Performances.
- 2019 Aug – There is no incentive for Indoor Best Performances, which is being recognised from 2010 onwards.
Any enquiries, please contact us at
Terms and Conditions
- While we acknowledge performances for Indoor and non-Olympic events, athletes will not be eligible for monetary incentives for Indoor events as the opportunities are not equally available to all athletes.
- No limit to record breaking per year.
- A record breaker who establishes a new record which also breaks the record/s in other categories will be paid only for the record in the highest category (Same applies to the coach).
- All records shall be classified only as Open, Junior and Youth records. All previous Age category records ie. U15, U17, U19, U23 shall be kept as “Performance” records only and shall no longer be recognized for any monetary award.
- All records can only be recognized after submission of necessary documents to SA and approved by SA’s Management Committee. Payment shall be made only when the record is entered into the SA’s records book.
- All payment will be made only at the end of the each year.
- Please refer to the World Athletics Technical Rules (RULE 141 – Age and Sex Categories) for the various age-group definitions, set by WA.
- All payments shall stop or have to be paid back to SA, and the record declared null & void, if an athlete is tested positive for banned substance/s.
- The performance must be an improvement on the existing Singapore National Record. Performances which equal the existing Singapore National Record will not be eligible for a National Record incentive Award.
29th Jan 2020