Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements, Coaches
National Youth Sports Institute (NYSI) is looking to introduce a new programme YCoach in the coming months targeted at youth coaches. The programme will be an hybrid of theory-based sessions together with a problem-solving practical approach. The topics covered during the programme will be pertinent to coaching in the youth space and targeted at high performance. Following is a brief outline of the programme.
Singapore Athletics is looking to nominate 2 coaches for YCoach. Kindly apply online below if you are interested.
Application closing date is 30th October 2020, Friday, 2359H.
YCoach programme requirements:
- Has the relevant coaching qualifications
- Current national age-group coach
- Willingness to learn and applying new theoretical knowledge
- Open minded approach to current practices and how practices can be improved for better development of athletes
- Participants will be expected to share their experiences at future editions of NYSI’s Youth Coaching Conference (YCC) or Youth Athlete Development Conference (YADC) in breakout sessions or workshops.
- NYSI Hub @ Woodlands & NYSI @ SL
- Training Facility Visits (Local & Overseas)
- Conferences (Local & Overseas)
- Start Date: TBC
- Duration of Programme: 24 Months
Topics to be covered
1. Youth Periodization
2. Skills Acquisition
3. Adaptive Skills Training Model
4. Competition & Training Exposure
5. Growth & Maturation
Other topics will be covered as per the need of the coach (problem-solving approach)
3. Invitation of expert for workshops
4. Local & Overseas Conferences
Transiting from Theory to Practical
1. Using of tools to put into practice knowledge (YPI, etc.)
2. Observation of training with different coaches
Enhancing the experience and exposure
1. Training – Visits to training sessions & facilities (Local & Overseas)
2. Competition – Exposure to competitions (Local & Overseas)
18th Oct 2020