Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements, Officials, TOECS
- 2 Feb – Course posted.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
COURSE CONTENT : IAAF Technical Rules of Track and Field Events
COURSE DATES : 26, 27 March and 2, 3, 9 April2016
TIME : 8.30 am to 6.30 pm
VENUE : Kallang Practice Track & Sport Singapore
CLOSING DATE : Tuesday, 1 March 6.00 pm (Both payment, online application and relevant certificates — if any, must be submitted by 1 March 6.00 pm)
COURSE FEE PER PERSON : S$180
LECTURER : Mr Wong Tien Choy (TOECS Level I Lecturer)
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION : English
CERTIFICATION : The IAAF TOECS Level 1 Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- Provide participants with the theoretical and practical training to make technical officials competent to officiate at local, regional, national and exceptionally, at international competitions held within their country.
- Identify and develop competence in basic officiating skills
- Provide an understanding of the role and develop the qualities and competence of a Technical Official
- Provide an introduction to an understanding of the IAAF Competition Rules
- Encourage, improve and verify appropriate interpretation and application of the IAAF Competition Rules by Technical Officials
- Provide an introduction to the basics of competition management
- Help Identify Candidates for TOECS Level II
- Foster the ethical and moral development of Technical Officials.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria before being accepted on a TOECS Level 1 Course
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old and have an interest in athletics
- They must be able to read, write and converse in the language in which the course is to be conducted.
- Candidates must be physically fit for their assigned role. This does not exclude individuals with disabilities from participating from the courses.
- Candidates must attain at least 70% of attendance
The maximum number of participants on a TOECS Level 1 Course is 24. Where there are more than 24 applicants who meet the above basic entry requirements, the selection panels will shortlist applicants based on the following selection guidelines:
Candidates with basic officiating knowledge or experience.
SA TOECS COURSE ASSESSMENT & RECOGNITION
TOECS Level I course participants are assessed in two main areas:
– Knowledge and understanding of the IAAF Competition Rules
– Understanding of the role and qualities of a competent Technical Official
to be evaluated by an open-book (IAAF Competition Rules and Local Language Dictionary only) written examination of 120 minutes duration with the maximum number of achievable points 80.
– Knowledge of officiating practice
– Demonstrate an appropriate interpretation and practical application of the IAAF Competition Rules
to be evaluated by:
(a) an Oral Examination of 10 minutes duration and four questions – one on each event group: track, field, combined events and marathon/cross country, with a maximum number of achievable points 10 (2.5 marks for correctly answering each question) AND
(b) a Lecturer’s Assessment based on practical skills demonstrated during the course, with a maximum number of achievable points 10 [Lecturer to assess each candidate’s practical application skills throughout the course on the basis of a scale of 0 for not competent through to 5 for adequate and up to 10 for excellent].
To pass the course, participants must achieve a minimum of 70 percent overall and also within each element of the assessment achieve a minimum of:
(a) 75 percent (a minimum of 60 points) in the written examination;
(b) 50 percent (by answering 2 of the 4 questions correctly) in the oral assessment; and
(c) 50 percent (a minimum of 5 points) in the practical assessment by the Lecturer
Each course participant will be informed individually on his course performance and examination results within the debriefing session at the conclusion of the course.
Upon completion participants who complete the course and satisfy the evaluation criteria will receive an IAAF TOECS Level I Certificate.
We accept payment by cheque or cash.
Payment Deadline: Tuesday, 1 March 2016 (6pm) to:
3 Stadium Drive # 01-33 Singapore Sports Hub S(397630)
Tel: (+65) 63862721
Fax: (+65) 63867773
Cheque should be made payable to Singapore Athletic Association