Chow’s 3000m race. (Dark Maroon running kit, wearing specs)
Two years ago, Singapore athlete Lui, Yuan Chow who resides in Australia with his family broke the Under-15 1500 metres record. He ran 4:15.81 minutes (12 Dec 2013) at the Zatopek.10 event.
He’s back again breaking records, this time he improved the Boys Youth and Under-17 3000 metres event record.
The 1.72 metres tall Chow effort of 8:50.05 minutes in the 3000 metres boys final at the Victoria All-Schools Championship last weekend eclipsed the previous record jointly held by S. Swendran (8:50.6 ASEAN School 1979) and Serjit Singh (9:02.6 National T&F C’ships 1969).
Chow’s 1500m race. (Dark Maroon running kit, wearing specs)
Chow finished second to earn silver for his school Melbourne High. He also ran the 1500 metres event, clinching gold with a timing of 4:09.90 minutes.
Age: 16 years old
DOB: 28 October 1999
- Bethesda Chapel Kindergarten
- Completed Primary 1 at Red Swastika Primary School before moving to Australia
- Currently enrolled at Melbourne High School, Year 10, or equivalent to local Sec. 4
- 800m – 2:01.3 (17 Jan 2015) Doncaster, AV Shield
- 1500m – 4:09.4 (20 Jan 2015) Box Hill, Vic Milers Club Meet
- 3000m – 8:50.05 (7 Nov 2015), Lakeside Stadium, Melbourne
- Long Jump – 5.93m
Video courtesy of Athletics Victoria.
Record above is pending verification by SA.
9th Nov 2015