Chow’s race. He finished in 4:02.47 in 9/17 position
Singapore distance running most promising talent, Lui, Yuan Chow does it again. He consecutively broke another distance record back to back, the 3000 metres youth/U17 boys record achieved last month and the 1500 metres youth/U17 boys record during the weekend.
Chow with his coach, Daniel Clark.
The 16-years-old Chow, rewrote Serjit Singh’s 46-year-old long standing 1500 metres boys records. He improved upon the timing by a nose, Chow’s 4:02.47 minutes effort was 0.03 seconds faster than Sergit’s hand-time result of 4:02.5 minutes.
The young prospect was in-fact not at his best, running the race while just recovered from a flu at the 2015 Australian All-Schools Championships, equivalent to our very own National Schools locally.
2015 Australian All-Schools Championships held at Lakeside Stadium
Born in 1999, Chow is a Singaporean and is currently studying in Melborne, Australia, where his family resides.
Singapore Athletics future looks bright. Congratulations Chow!
Chow with his parents, Jim and Lydia.
Age: 16 years old
DOB: 28 October 1999
- Bethesda Chapel Kindergarten
- Completed Primary 1 at Red Swastika Primary School before moving to Australia
- Currently enrolled at Melbourne High School, Year 10, or equivalent to local Sec. 4
- 800m – 2:01.3 (17 Jan 2015) Doncaster, AV Shield
- 1500m – 4:09.4 (20 Jan 2015) Box Hill, Vic Milers Club Meet (Previous PB)
- 3000m – 8:50.05 (7 Nov 2015), Lakeside Stadium, Melbourne
- Long Jump – 5.93m
Video courtesy of Mr Jim Lui.