Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements, Courses, Officials, TOECS
Registration for this course is now closed.
The Singapore Athletic Association is now inviting members of the public (with athletics experience) to sign-up for the TOECS Level 1 course, to be held from 5th November 2012 to 9th November 2012 (Monday-Friday), daily course starting at 7pm to 10pm.
- Course Content: IAAF Technical Rules of Track and Field Events
Date: From 5th Nov, Mon to 9th November, Fri
Download the application form, and send it to SAA.
Our address: “Singapore Athletic Association”, 3 Champions Way, Singapore Sports School, Blk 1, #01-10, Singapore 737912
The TOECS Level I has the following objectives:
- Provide participants with the theoretical and practical training to make technical officials competent to officiate at local, regional, national and exceptionally, at international competitions held within their country.
- Identify and develop competence in basic officiating skills
- Provide an understanding of the role and develop the qualities and competence of a Technical Official
- Provide an introduction to an understanding of the IAAF Competition Rules
- Encourage, improve and verify appropriate interpretation and application of the IAAF Competition Rules by Technical Officials
- Provide an introduction to the basics of competition management
- Help identity candidates for TOECS Level I
- Foster the ethical and moral development of Technical Officials.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria before being accepted on a TOECS Level 1 Course:
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old as of 31 Dec 2012 and have an interest in athletics
- They must be able to read, write and converse in the language in which the course is to be conducted
- Candidates must be physically fit for their assigned role. This does not exclude individuals with disabilities from participating from the courses.
CLOSING DATE : Thursday, 25 October 2012 5.00 pm (for submission of application form)
COURSE FEE PER PERSON : S$120-00 (Participants will be issued a IAAF Competition Rules Book 2012/2013 & Tea-Break everyday).
For student under the age of 18 (as at 31-12-2012) = S$80-00.
PAYMENT : Cheques should be crossed and made payable to “SINGAPORE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION” and send to: 3 Champions Way, Singapore Sports School Blk 1, #01-10, SINGAPORE 737912
LECTURERS : IAAF Technical Officials Education & Certification System (TOECS) Lecturers
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION : English
ASSESSMENT : Theory Exam (Written) – dates will be advised by lecturers AND Practical Exam – assessment at five SAA Meets. More details will be advised by lecturers.
CERTIFICATION : The SAA Track & Field Officiating Certificate will be issued to those who are successful in both the theory and practical examinations
Note: The number of participants per course is limited to 40 and registrations will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
The last batch of Level 1 TO course was held back in early January.
21st Sep 2012