Objectives of CECS Level 1 Course:
- To develop the skills to organize Kids Athletics: Preparation and Competition; orientation to athletics for 13-15 year-olds.
Closing Date: 15 August 2014 – 6pm
- Announcement of Final list of Participants: 25 August 2014
Maximum participants allowed: 24
All applicants must meet the basic entry requirements to be considered for the course. If you do not meet the basic entry requirements, you may not be shortlisted for the course.
Basic Entry Requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of a completed Primary school education
- Have an interest in athletics
- Must be physically fit and able to learn to demonstrate all athletic events.
- Must be willing to actively involve himself or herself as a qualified coach and to assist the IAAF Member Federation in the development of athletics
- Be able to speak and read the course language sufficiently well to sit a written and practical examination
- Compulsory to attend all classes punctually and throughout the duration of the course (10 days, 800 am to 630 pm) – Tentative dates: 15-19 and 22-26 September 2014
- You can apply online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1neS6SQoVhWvOpSmukle01T4-woyaBcheUn9SXYJ0ksQ/viewform
Where there are more than 24 applicants who meet the above basic entry requirements, the selection panels will shortlist applicants based on the following selection guidelines:
a) Group A – Current Track & Field coaches and PE teachers etc.
b) Group B – Non Track & Field coaches, public etc.
Group A *
School PE Teachers
School Track and Field CCA Teachers
Track and Field coaches
Kids Athletic Certified Coaches
Group B *
School Sports Administrators
Strength and Conditioning Coach
Coaches coaching other sports
National Athletes / Former National Athletes
* Relevant documents (certificates, referral letters etc.) must be accompanied together with your application form and cheque.
2. Payment received
- All applications are given consideration according to the date the completed application & payment are received by the SAA. Applications without payment will not be considered complete until payment is received. Please note: Your cheque is not banked in until after selection.
Any enquiries please contact SAA