- 25th November – Top 20 Winners uploaded.
- 12th November – Anne Qi Hui emerged as top S’pore fnisher.
- 29th October – Page info posted.
The Great Eastern Women’s Run, commissioned by Great Eastern and organised by HiVelocity Events, is a run for every woman. The race features 5 km, 10 km as well as 21 km race distances making the run accessible to female runners of all levels. This will be the first women-only half marathon in the region.
Targeting to attract more than 15,000 participants, the Run will be flagged-off at the The [email protected] Bay.
This run is a SAA sanctioned event. The route has been measured and certified, following the international IAAF rules and regulations of the sport and to provide a safe environment for the participants and spectators, and also the official recognition of national best performance for road events.
- 21km – 5.30am
- 10km – 7.10am
- 5km – 7.40am
Official website: greateasternwomensrun.com
Date: 11th November 2012, Sunday
Venue: The [email protected] Bay
*Please note that the start times are subjected to changes.
Registration: Register online here.
Other GE Women’s Run Facts
- The race route will take runners past Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands, Merlion Park, Esplanade, Singapore Flyer, F1 Pit Building, the future Sports Hub and end back at the The [email protected] Bay.
- Anne Qi Hui currently holds Singapore National Best Performance for women 10,000 metres road event with a timing of 38:09 minutes. She established the mark last year at Great Eastern Women’s Run 2011, 3rd July.
- Last year a total donation of $20,000 for adopted charity Breast Cancer Foundation was collected.
- 2011 winning timing was by Kenyan Eunice Nyawira, finished the race in 35 minutes and 30 seconds, faster than 2010’s winner, Vivian Tang (38min 32secs)
- The event was first held in 2006, where 3,600 women joined the inaugural year of then named ‘Women 10K’ and supported the charity group, Women Make A Difference.
29th Oct 2012