Countdown to this event
- 22 Feb 2016 - Results posted.
- 17 Feb 2016 - Send off for the team.
- 1 Feb 2016 - Trial results posted.
- 26 Jan 2016 - Final selection trial posted.
- 5 Jan 2016 - Info on first selection trial.
- 15 Dec 2015 - Page posted.
Date: 19-21 February, 2016
Venue: Doha, Qatar
Organizer: Qatar Athletics Federation
View the results here.
Only Singapore citizen are nominated for this competition.
1. EVENTS CONTESTED
|High Jump||High Jump|
|Long Jump||Long Jump|
|Triple Jump||Triple Jump|
|Pole Vault||Pole Vault|
|Shot Put||Shot Put|
2. QUALIFYING MARKS
Singapore Athletics will be using the 6th placing results (or last placing for events with less than 6 competitors in the Finals) of the last edition of Asian Indoor Championships in 2014 as the qualifying mark for the upcoming Asian Indoor in Feb 2016.
- Wind-assisted performances will not be accepted.
- Hand-timed performances will not be accepted.
- If there are more than 2 qualifiers for an event, only the top 2 will be selected.
- Only Singapore citizen can be nominated for AIC.
- Singapore Athletics reserves the right to drop any athlete if the athlete is deemed medically unfit.
3. INDIVIDUAL QUALIFICATION
4. RELAY QUALIFICATION
For both 4x400m relay Men and Women events, the relay team will have to meet the 3rd placing mark of the 2014 Asian Indoor Athletics Championships.
5. QUALIFYING PERIOD
Selection period: 1 Dec 2015 to 1 February 2016
Meets during this period:
- IVP (9, 13 and 16 January 2016)
- Series 1 (23 and 24 January 2016)
- Selection Trials (30 Jan 2016 - decision to conduct this will be made after 25 Jan 2016)
- Overseas meets that are sanctioned by Singapore Athletics
On 9th January 2015 during IVP, we will include time trials for 60m and 60mH at the end of the session. This inclusion of events is not part of the IVP competition. Schedule will be announced at a later date.
Training and Selection Committee will decide after 25 Jan 2016 whether to hold one final selection trial on 30 Jan 2016 for 60m, 60m Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump, Pole Vault, 400m, 800m.
Please indicate your interest to compete in the stated events toSAA in the following format by 25th December 2015:
Timing/ year: (if any)