6th Southeast Asian Junior 2011 was recently held between 17th to 18th June 2011, at the Madya Stadium, Jakarta, Indonesia where Team Singapore juniors born in 1994, 1995 and 1996 (15 to 17-years-old) brought back home in their best ever showing for the Championship with four gold, three silver and five bronze medals.
Apart from the encouraging medal tally by our 27-strong youth athletes, there were two new age-group records (Ng Chin Hui 400m Boys National Junior & U19, plus Chan Zhi Xuan Discus Girls U19), and three lifetime best.
- 41.07m in the Discus Girls (1kg) by Chan, Zhi Xuan
- 51.27m in the Discus Boys (1.5kg) by Wong, Kai Yuen
- 17.96m in the Shot Put Boys (5kg) by Wong, Kai Yuen
- 2:33.09 min in the 1000m Boys by Devaraj, Zachary
- 6.88m -1.4m/s in the Long Jump Boys by Shasi Kumar
- 47.97s in the 400m Boys by Ng Chin Hui
- 3:21.22 min 4x400m Boys
- 14.30s 0.6m/s in the 110m Hurdles Boys (0.991m) by Ang Chen Xiang
- 6:34.53 min in the 2000m Steeplechase Boys by Harrishankar T.
- 48.3s HT 4x100m Girls
- 41.6s HT 4x100m Boys
- 4:00.72 min 4x400m Girls
Photos & Videos courtesy of Jacter Singh