Posted by Sha
Please note, that 31st Southeast Asian Games 2021 (Vietnam) qualifying window has changed from 13-August-2021 to 13-June-2021 (Shifted 2-months early by SNOC due to COVID-19). Read the details
Countdown to this event
- 13 Jun 2021 - SEA Games selection criteria has been updated.
- 4 May 2021 - Qualifying window changed from 13-August-2021 to 13-June-2021 (Shifted 2-months early by SNOC due to COVID-19).
- 5 Apr 2021 - Selection criteria updated for Paragraph number 3) & 6).
- 4 Nov 2020 - Selection criteria posted.
- 4 Feb 2020 - Page posted.
Competition Date: 21 November 2021 to 2 December 2021
- Mr Gary Yeo VP (Training & Selection)
- Mr Poh Seng Song (Athletes Commission Rep)
- Ms Jenny Lim (Singapore Sports School)
- Mr Ghana Segaran (SIA Sports Club)
- Mr Sng Yam Kwee (Victoria School)
- Mr Vincent Quek (Raffles Institution)
- Mr Tho Yow Kin
Date for Athletics only: 23-27 November 2021
Qualifying Period: 30 November 2019 to 13 June 2021
(Previously it was 13 August 2021, shifted 2-months early by SNOC due to COVID-19)
Venue: My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi, Vietnam
Organizer: Southeast Asian Games Federation Council
Official website: TBA
SNOC 2021 SEA Games website: www.singaporeolympics.com/sea-games
1. General Information
- Singapore Athletics (SA) intends to nominate and recommend athletes to the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) for selection for the 31st Southeast Asia Games 2021.
2. SNOC’s selection criteria
3rd placing of 2019 SEA Games as per SNOC’s Selection Criteria for 31st SEA Games.
3. Qualifying Period
The qualifying period will be from 30 November 2019 – 13 June 2021.
(Sanctioned meets & results established under legal wind speed condition)
4. Individual events
A maximum of two athletes for each individual event
5. Team events
One team for each relay event. Six athletes (including 2 substitutes) may be entered for each relay
6. Eligibility for nomination
• Athlete must be a Singapore Citizen and should not be holding dual citizenship if they are above 21 years old, at the time of nomination.
• Meeting the qualifying mark does not guarantee selection for SEA Games 2021. Final decision on selection will be made by SNOC, as the body that sets the qualification criteria and makes the final selection of athletes for the Games.
7. Final list of selected athletes
It will be decided on 7 July 2021 (subject to Organising Committee timeline).
8. Relay Selection (4x100m and 4x400m)
For the selection of the final 6 runners, SA may organise races for the athletes in the relay training squad to run together under the same race conditions. The Relay Coach will recommend to SA the final 6 athletes for SA’s nomination and the decision to select for the final 4 to race will be decided by the relay coach.
Athletes selected in final team for SEA Games 2021, will be required to (Unless with valid & approved reasons for absence):
i. Attend all Team Trainings, Briefings and Camps
ii. Compete at any identified competitions for fitness and performance monitoring
SA reserves the right to drop any athlete if the athlete is deemed unfit/injured to perform at a competitive level.
9. SEAG Nomination Update:
Athletes or teams who have not met the 3rd placing mark within the qualifying window but fall within 2%* off the mark will be considered for nomination. In events where there are no athletes who meet this criterion, we have included in our nomination those with notable performances in their respective events (e.g. close to the 5% mark or best ranked in their respective events).
We will consider athletes’ performance during the qualification window for the nomination.
*2% calculation will be done under SNOC’s percentile calculation. Table as attached below.
Appeal period 9-Jul to 9-Aug 2021. Any form of appeals must be submitted within seven (7) calendar days of the date of announcement of the selection, to the Honorary Secretary. The appeal process shall follow Rule 15 of SA’s constitution and the results will be recommended to SA’s MC for approval.
RULE 15 ATHLETE SELECTION STANDING COMMITTEE
a) Any dispute regarding athlete selection matters may be submitted to the Athlete Selection Appeals Standing Committee which shall comprise members of the Training and Selection Committee and other individuals, appointed by the Management Committee, whom it considers are competent on athlete selection matters including representatives from the Singapore Sports Council, provided that members of the Athlete Selection Sub-Committee shall not be concurrent members of the Athlete Selection Appeals Standing Committee.
b) Any notice of dispute or appeal must be submitted, within seven (7) calendar days of the date of announcement of the selection, to the Honorary Secretary, and the Athlete Selection Appeals Standing Committee shall convene its first hearing within seven (7) calendar days from receipt of such notice.
In the event that overseas travel to compete is restricted for our Singapore marathoners, SA will hold a local marathon trial in TBC. The cut-off time for the trial for both men and women marathon is 7% off the SEA Games bronze qualifying mark. Kindly register your interest to Singapore Athletics (Update as of 12-Jul-2021, Hi Marathoners, in lieu of the recent SEA Games postponement, the SEA Games marathon trials will now be postponed to a later date. We are awaiting information from SNOC on the new dates for the SEA Games and the changes to the qualifying window. We will update you with information on the venue, date and time of the marathon trial once it is confirmed. Thank you for your patience and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.)
- Men - 2:44:40 (7% off QM)
- Women - 3:16:38 (7% off QM)
Table 1: SA Nomination Standard SEA Games 2021
|5% off Men 2019 bronze mark||2% off Men 2019 bronze mark||Men 2019 bronze mark||Event||Women 2019 bronze mark||2% off Women 2019 bronze mark||5% off Women 2019 bronze mark|
(1.067m for men)
(0.838m for women)
(0.914m for men & 0.762m for women)
|1:38:05||1:35:17||1:33:25||20 km walk *||1:48:23||1:50:33||1:53:48|
(7.26kg for men & 4kg for women)
(2kg for men & 1kg for women)
(800g for men & 600g for women)
(7.26kg for women & 4kg for women)
* From SEA Games 2015.