The 27th Southeast Asian Games is scheduled to be held in Naypyidaw, the new capital of Myanmar, as well as in two other main cities, Yangon and Mandalay. The country will hold the largest time interval of hosting the games, spanning a time of 44 years.
- 7th Feb – 27th SEA Games MAP Award & Appreciation Lunch.
- 19th Dec – Full results in PDF.
- 19th Dec – Day 5 athletics results of SEA Games.
- 18th Dec – Team Singapore athletes competing at Day 5 of SEA Games.
- 18th Dec – Day 4 athletics results of SEA Games.
- 17th Dec – Team Singapore athletes competing at Day 4 of SEA Games.
- 17th Dec – Day 3 athletics results of SEA Games.
- 16th Dec – Team Singapore athletes competing at Day 3 of SEA Games.
- 16th Dec – Day 2 athletics results of SEA Games.
- 16th Dec – LIVE web streaming link added.
- 15th Dec – Team Singapore athletes competing at Day 2 of SEA Games.
- 15th Dec – Day 1 athletics results of SEA Games.
- 13th Dec – Team Singapore athletes competing at Day 1 of SEA Games.
- 13th Dec – 2013 SEA Games Athletics Statistics Guide.
- 13th Dec – Sendoff photos.
- 11th Oct – Updated SEA Games schedule.
- 11th Oct – UPDATE – Sea Games Team selected by SNOC.
- 7th Aug – Race Walking, Pole-Vault and Shot-Put SEA Games Trial.
- 3rd Aug – Sea Games Athletics Team selected by SNOC.
- 24th Jan – Event page created.
Date: 11-22 December
Venue: Naypyidaw, Myanmar
Nations participating: 11 including Singapore
Official website: www.mmseagames2013.com
Singapore athletes who have met the qualifying mark to be nominated
The qualifying window period begins in June 2012.
|Name||Event||Qualified based on||SEA Games ’11 Bronze Mark|
|Zhang Guirong||Women Shot Put 4kg||2013 China meet, 15.47m||14.37m|
|Du Xianhui||Women Shot Put 4kg||2013 China meet, 14.46m||14.37m|
|Mok Ying Ren||Men Marathon||2013 Gold Coast Marathon, 2:26.30||2:29.09|
|Gary, Yeo Foo Ee||Men 100m||2012 Asean Uni Games, 10.44s (1.1m/s)||10.47s|
|Edwin, Mingxun Chong||Men Pole Vault||2012 National C’ship, 4.70m
2013 Series 2, 4.70m
|Chan Sheng Yao||Men Pole Vault||2013 Nat Sch, 4.82m||4.70m|
– Calvin Kang, Md. Elfi, Lee Cheng Wei & Md. Amirudin
– Md. Amir, Lee Cheng Wei, Gary Yeo, Md. Elfi
– Md. Elfi, Gary Yeo, Lee Cheng Wei, Calvin Kang
|Men 4x100m||2012 HK Inter City, 40.05s
2012 M’sia Open, 40.30s
2013 SEA Games Timetrial, 39.97s
– Ng Chin Hui, Teo Yan, Timothee Yap & Tan Zong Yang
|Men 4x400m||2012 Asian Junior 3:16.79||3:18.50|
Selection criteria for Singapore athletes
For seniors athletes
a. Stipulated by SNOC: 3rd placing of SEA Games 2011
b. Several names can be nominated before the “Entry By Name” (EBN) date.
c. Best 2 Athletes will represent Singapore for each event
i. In the event that more than 2 athletes meet the qualifying mark then a final run/jump/throw-off trial will be held before the final EBN date (which is to be confirmed by SNOC, EBN date likely to be in early August 2013)
ii. The trail date will be announced once SAA receives the date for the final EBN from SNOC.
iii. For the relays the best 8 on-form Athletes will be nominated. A final run-off will be conducted before the EBN date to select the final 5/6 relay runners.
d. SNOC will have the final say in the Athletes selected.
e. Performance results from June 2012 – June 2013 will be considered for nomination to SNOC selection committee.
f. Anyone who meets the mark after June 30 but before EBN date may be considered and submitted to SNOC for consideration.
i. Only events run with legal wind speed will be used for nomination. An exception will be made if the SEA qualifying mark was set under illegal wind speed. Performances under similar wind speed will be accepted for nomination and final selection. (E.G. in SEA 2011: 100m Male 3rd placing was 10.47s; done with a wind speed of (-2.1m/s). Thus any Athlete who does a similar/faster timing under similar wind speed will be accepted for nomination/final selection.)
g. All athletes who are nominated and selected will have to:
i. Attend all Team Training & Camps
ii. Compete in the last 2 Series to help the T&S Committee to review their current performance form before the SEA Games 2013.
h. SAA reserves the right to drop any Athlete who has qualified if he/she is deemed unfit to perform at a competitive level at the SEA Games 2013.
For Team Singapore athletics, the table below shows only the results mark without the IAAF scoring points. For the detailed IAAF scoring points for which the 1 to 5 per cent are derived, please download the 2013 Sea Games Qualifying Marks (PDF):
|3000 Steeple Chase||08:52.23||08:55.91||08:57.88||9.00.33||9:02.76||9:05.19||9:07.64||9:10.09|
|3000 Steeple Chase||10:00.58||10:04.42||10:48.97||11:27.50||11:31.65||11:35.82||11:40.00||11:44.21|
24th Jan 2012