Posted by Sha
Countdown to this event
- 3 Nov 2021 - Event postponed from 27 March 2022 to 13 November 2022.
- 2 Nov 2021 - Page posted.
Date: 13 November 2022, Sunday
Venue: Yangzhou, China
Organizer: World Athletics
Official website: http://www.yangzhou22.cn
Selection Policy Last updated 3 Nov 2021
Mr Gary Yeo VP (Training & Selection)
Mr Poh Seng Song (AC Rep)
Ms Jenny Lim (Singapore Sports School)
Mr Ghana Segaran (SIA Sports Club)
Mr Sng Yam Kwee (Victoria School)
Mr Vincent Quek (Raffles Institution)
Mr Tho Yow Kin
1. General Information
Singapore Athletics (SA) intends to nominate and recommend an athlete to the Singapore Athletics Selection Committee for selection for the 25th World Athletics Half Marathon Championship 2022. This is subjected to Singapore’s Covid-19 measurements.
2. Selection criteria
Athlete must be a Singapore Citizen and should not be holding dual citizenship if they are above 21 years old, at the time of nomination.
- Qualification timing for consideration:
- Men – 70 minutes & below
- Women – 85 minutes & below
- Athletes to maintain a peak level of fitness in 2022
- Subject to the organizer, World Athletics requirement & restrictions
- There may not be more than 1 Singapore representative
- Meeting the qualifying mark does not guarantee selection. Final decision on selection will be made by Singapore Athletics Selection Committee, as the body that sets the qualification criteria and makes the final selection of athletes.
- SA will provide a SA Invitational Trial for datapoint opportunity. It is tentatively set 23-Oct-2022, Sunday at ECP. Trial entry requirement 10% off is 78:00 (Men) & 89:00 (Women). We accept entry standard established between 1-Jan-2019 to 22-Oct-2022 for this Invitational Trial. Entry will also be accepting FM results, using converted WA points. HM 78mins men is 502-points FM 2:54:33, or and HM 89mins women is 553-points FM 3:39:19..
3. Qualifying Period
The qualifying period will be 12-months from 12 November 2021 to 12 November 2022.
(Sanctioned meets & results)
4. Final list of selected athletes
It will be decided on 24 October 2022 (subject to Organising Committee timeline).
Any form of appeals must be submitted within seven (7) calendar days of the date of announcement of the selection, to the Honorary Secretary. The appeal process shall follow Rule 15 of SA’s constitution (https://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/download/26271/), and the results will be recommended to SA’s MC for approval.
RULE 15 ATHLETE SELECTION STANDING COMMITTEE
a) Any dispute regarding athlete selection matters may be submitted to the Athlete Selection Appeals Standing Committee which shall comprise members of the Training and Selection Committee and other individuals, appointed by the Management Committee, whom it considers are competent on athlete selection matters including representatives from the Singapore Sports Council, provided that members of the Athlete Selection Sub-Committee shall not be concurrent members of the Athlete Selection Appeals Standing Committee.
b) Any notice of dispute or appeal must be submitted, within seven (7) calendar days of the date of announcement of the selection, to the Honorary Secretary, and the Athlete Selection Appeals Standing Committee shall convene its first hearing within seven (7) calendar days from receipt of such notice.