1. The introduction of a handicap system for the final races of the combined events and the elimination of the 10,000m for men at the 2020 World U20 Championships
2. Both men and women will now compete for over 3000m and 5000m at the 2020 event in Nairobi, while a mixed 4x400m relay will be added to the programme.
3. Approval of the entry standards for next year’s IAAF World Relays in Yokohama
4. Confirmation that a request will be made to the International Olympic Committee for the inclusion of the women’s 50km race walk in the Tokyo programme.
5. An amendment was approved for Rule 170.10 (substitutes for relay races) to allow four additional athletes to be used once a relay team has started the competition (applicable at all WAS events and Olympic Games).
6. Rules 251 and 252 (mountain running and trail running) have also been amended and merged to create a consistent approach to rule enforcement at those events.
More changes and details at https://www.iaaf.org/news/press-release…changes-2019
17th Jan 2019