UPDATE: The closing date for registering your interest for Team Singapore 2018 Singapore Marathon has closed and we no longer accept any more entries.
Countdown to this event
- 9 Dec - Results.
- 25 Jul - Singapore Marathon awarded IAAF Gold Label.
- 13 Jun - Qualifying period and submission date extended by 1 week.
- 1 Jun - Page posted.
This invitation is for high performance athletes only. For non high performance athletes, such as the public, please instead register online here
High performance athletes, register your interest: Download form & submit to SAA
The form must be completed and submitted before 8 July 2018
1. General Information
- SAA intends to send ten male and ten female Singaporean athletes to the 2018 Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (SCSM). These Team Singapore athletes will be put in the elite pan and be invited to the elite briefing the day before competition. They will also have the option to prepare and utilize the elite special drinks through the race which will be submitted to the secretariat room the day before competition. The competition rules with accordance to IAAF will apply for athletes competing.
2. Qualifying Period
- The qualifying period lasts from 01 December 2016 to 7 July 2018.
3. General Eligibility
- To be eligible for selection each athlete must:
a) Be a citizen of the Republic of Singapore; (Note: Permanent residents are not considered as citizens.);
b) Be able to commit to a high performance level training program which includes a structured annual plan and an event specific training program with at least ten hours of training every week until SCSM;
c) Have submitted the registration form to be considered for the competitions to SAA before 8 July 2018.
d) Be available to fulfil the Team Commitments as listed below and any additional commitments following nomination and selection; as allowed by the permanent geographical training location;
e) Not used or administered any substance which if it had been detected as being present in the athlete’s body tissue or fluids, would have constituted doping, or used any prohibited method or committed any other doping offense as defined in ADS’s, WADA or IAAF’s Anti-Doping By-law.
4. Competitions for qualifying
- a) All achievements submitted for consideration should have taken place at SAA/IAAF sanctioned championships and trials, but athletes may submit the achievements from overseas championships and meets of athletes studying in overseas tertiary institutions.
b) Achievements from overseas championships have to be properly accredited and sanctioned to be accepted (written confirmation by SAA upon sending an email to SAA
5. Team Commitments
- All athletes must:
a) Comply with the provision of the SAA Athletes Agreement at all times;
b) Conform to SAA requirements regarding team participation. This includes, but may not be limited to, providing the required training plans (see 3b) and wearing team uniform as required;
c) Make themselves available for all team activities designated by SAA, as allowed by the geographical training location (see 3d);
d) Not act in such a manner to bring the athletes, officials or SAA in public disrepute;
e) Athletes are required to appear at events and platforms whereby their images and presence are needed to achieve SAA’s objective
f) A maximum of 2 appearances for SAA will be required. Appearances will not exceed more than two  hours in duration.
6. Selection process
- Athletes have to submit their interest for the competition by using SAA’s registration form. Only athletes, whose performances from 01.12.2016 until 07.07.2018, are under 3hours 00mins for Men and 3hours 30mins for Women, will be considered for selection in competitions under Team Singapore. The fastest ten (10) athletes of each gender will be given the race slot in the elite pan. We kindly ask you to only submit your interest / registration form if you hit these marks.
Under 3hours 00mins
Under 3hours 30mins
This page was last updated December 9, 2018 at 5:06 pm