Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements
Accurate as of 31 October:
There will be events where multiple categories to combine and race together, due to less than 3 participants. Below are the events as that will combine to race:
1. 4x400m Girls Youth, Women Open B, Women Masters, 4x400m Boys Youth and Men Junior
2. 200m Women Open A & B
3. 800m Women Junior, Open A & B and Masters
4. 3000m Race Walk Women Junior, Open and Masters
5. 1500m Women Junior, Open A and Masters
6. 400m Women Open A & B
7. 4x100m Girls Youth, Women Junior, Open A & Masters
Kindly remind the participants that number bibs collection starts 45mins before the session starts at the Technical Information Centre (Tent behind the gallery area).
Please bookmark this URL https://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/results/sng-2014, where LIVE results of SNG T&F will be posted.
Date: Saturday, 29 Nov 2014 at 0800hrs
Venue: Singapore Flyer (Amphi Theater)
Programme: Download here
This event is jointly organise by Tug-of-War Federation Singapore (TWFS) and Singapore Athletic Association (SAA).
Our foreign Tug-of-War Federations such as Thailand, Brunei and Malaysia was invited to take part in this prestigious event.
Professor Ho Peng Keng has agreed to grace the event as Guest of Honour.
29th Oct 2014
Tags: Tug of War
It will be an exciting weekend ahead as Singapore National Games kicks off this Saturday from 1st to 9th November.
For athletics, keep a lookout for
1 Nov – Stadium Run, Singapore Sports Hub 8am
2, 8, 9 Nov – Track & Field event, Kallang Practic Track, 4pm
We hope to see you there!
29th Oct 2014
Tags: Singapore National Games
At a SAA recent MC meeting on 14th October, it was passed during that meeting that SAA will now recognise S. Pandian’s electronically timed 800 metres timing of 1:50.56 minutes to be added to the SAA records alongside the current men 800 metres hand-timed record of 1:49.9 minutes by Surendra Subramani.
|800 metres||1:49.9||HT||Surendra Subramani||1955||Oregon, USA||Oregon Track Club mini meet||30-Apr-1983|
|1:50.56||ET||Sinnathambi Pandian||1967||Singapore||7th Asian T&F Meet||22-Jul-1987|
At a SAA recent MC meeting on 14th October, it was passed during that meeting that SAA will now recognise Road Races be to “National Records” instead of “National Best Performances”, in accordance to IAAF as long as the criteria set by IAAF is achieved.
The following below records currently under “National Best Performances” are now recognised as “National Records”.
- Marathon Men (R) 2:24:22 Murugiah Rameshon 1964 Chiang Mai, Thailand SEA Games 13-Dec-1995
- 20KM walk Men (R) 1:36:01 Sim Soo Chye Edmund 1983 Nomi, Japan Asian 20km Race Walking C’ships 11-Mar-2012
- 50KM walk Men (R) 5:07:03 Arumugan Kannan 1951 Rangoon, Myanmar 9-Dec-1969
- 10KM walk Women (R) 51:05.0 Low Guan Hoon Helen 15-Sep-1949 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 11-Aug-1991
- 20KM walk Women (R) 2:03:11 Tin, Shu Min 1995 Singapore S’pore Open C’ships 24-Aug-2014
- Marathon Women (R) 2:34:41 Yvonne Danson 22-May-1959 Chiang Mai, Thailand SEA Games 13-Dec-1995
- Marathon Women (R) 3:29:30 Choo Mui Luan 30-Oct-1979 Singapore 5-Dec-1993
The following future Road events (Except U23), in the event a new record is established and was ratified, it will now qualify for SAA Records Breaking Incentives.
Valid and applies for record breaking performance for year 2014 only.
Record Breaking Incentives
- Open Record – $500 for athlete, $500 for Coach.
- Junior Record (Under 20 yrs old) – $300 for Athlete, $300 for Coach.
- Youth Record (Under 18 Yrs old) – $100 for Athlete, $100 for Coach.
- Relay Record – For Open category:- $1000.00 (to be shared equally, including reserves). Coach S$1,000.00, if there is more than one coach then the amount will be shared equally among all coaches). For Junior/Youth categories S$500.00 (Same conditions applied).
Terms and Conditions
- No Limit to record breaking per year.
- A record breaker who establishes a new record which also breaks the record/s in other categories will be paid only for the record in the highest category (same applies to the coach).
- All records shall be classified only as Open, Junior and Youth records. All previous Age category records ie.U15, U17, U19, U23 shall be kept as “Performance” records only and shall no longer be recognized for any monetary award.
- All records can only be recognized after submission of necessary documents to SAA and approved by SAA’s Management Committee. Payment shall be made only when the record is entered into the SAA’s records book.
- All payment will be made only at the end of the each year.
- Please refer to the IAAF Competition Rules 2014-2015 (RULE 141 – Age and Sex Categories) for the various age-group definitions, set by IAAF.
- All payments shall stop or have to be paid back to SAA, and the record declared null & void, if an athlete is tested positive for banned substance/s, within one year (365 days) after establishing a new record.
- There will be no recognition/payment for any records that are equalled.
Date: 9 Nov
Venue: Stadium Perak, Ipoh
Entry Form (ZIP) – https://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/downloads/1351
Please seek sanction with SAA (SAA) if you’re signing up.
Registration, accommodation and logistics arrangement to be handled on your own.
Link to Selection of Overseas meet.
Perak All Comers Meet 2012
SAA has sent and was represented by the participation of coaches Ms Chan See Huey (8th from top left) and Elwin Yong (4th from top left) for the “CECS Level lll for Combined Events” course held at RDC Jakarta from 20 Oct to 2 Nov.
Click on thumbnails to enlarge photos.
Good job to everyone who chipped in.
$3493.50 in total from proceeds of tshirt sale and donations.
Inset photo is of Joe & Zaki’s mum.
Zaki Sapari – Gone but not forgotten.
In loving memory of our beloved friend, Md. Zaki Sapari
24th Oct 2014
Athletes: 2 (2 men)
Officials: Azmi Ibrahim (TM )
Medal: 4 (1 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze)
Personal Bests: –
You can download the results here (Source, Brunei Amateur Athletic Association, XLS format)
|10.77||0.73||100m Men||Md. Elfi||27||Team SG||Round 1||19-Oct-2014||1/7pos, Q|
|11.30||1.02||100m Men||Md. Amirudin||27||Team SG||Round 1||19-Oct-2014||1/7pos, Q|
|10.68||1.85||100m Men||Md. Elfi||27||Team SG||Semi||19-Oct-2014||1/8pos, Q|
|10.69||1.82||100m Men||Md. Amirudin||27||Team SG||Semi||19-Oct-2014||1/8pos, Q|
|10.65||1.85||100m Men||Md. Elfi||27||Team SG||Final||19-Oct-2014||2/8pos, Silver|
|10.63||1.82||100m Men||Md. Amirudin||27||Team SG||Final||19-Oct-2014||1/8pos, Gold|
|5:08.50||1500m Women||NG, YU JUN ELIZA||25||Swift||Final||18-Oct-2014||2/4 Silver|
|5:29.57||1500m Women||NG, YEW CHEO||28||Swift||Final||18-Oct-2014||3/4 Bronze|
Click on respective thumbnails to enlarge the photos.
SAA page on 4th Brunei Open Track & Field Championship 2014