A team of seven embarking to Vietnam Open.
3 athletes, 1 team manager & 3 SAA officials on assistance request by organizer.
21st HCMC International Track and Field – Vietnam Open 2014
Changes as below to athletics:
- Start time of afternoon session (18:00 to 18:30).
- Date of Men & Women’s 20km Race Walk (9/27 to 9/28).
- You can download the schedule here.
SAA page on 17th Asian Games 2014
The SAA is inviting all those who are eligible to apply for this IAAF CECS Level 1 Lecturer Course to be held from 08 – 12 September 2014 in Jakarta.
Applicants shortlisted by the Association would be interviewed by our Training & Selection panel, chaired by SAA Vice-President Training & Selection, before the successful candidate(s) is/are chosen to attend this course.
Interested applicants will have to send their application via email to apply together with their RESUME in coaching attached for our consideration.
The email application will have to reach SAA Chief, Sports Development & Performance, Ms Asmah Hanim (SAA) by the deadline on 31 July 2014, 12 noon.
Shortlisted applicants will be called for interviewed. Time and venue of the interview are to be advised once the shortlist is confirmed.
Travelling dates: 7 – 13 September 2014
Prerequisite for consideration:
- Athletics Coaching background and at a minimum must have attended and passed the IAAF Level I Coaches Course.
- Candidate should be in a good physical condition and should be prepared to participate in the physical and practical aspects of the course.
- Must be a good-and-active athletics Coach until now.
- Preferably have education experience as a teacher of skill learning.
- Have good relation and communication with the Athletics Federation.
- After have successfully passed this Course, he/she must be available to lecture in their respective countries or other countries when required.
Previous related courses:
Posted by Sha
A team of 14 Team Singapore athletics, 12 athletes, 1 team manager and 1 coach embarked to Glasgow, Scotland for the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
The team list as below. The 14 will be joined by athlete Shanti and coach Margaret once the young sprinter competed at the IAAF World Junior at Oregon, USA.
|Competition||Event||Qualifying Mark||Result||Name||Affiliation||Age in 2014||Competition|
|Commonwealth Games (Scotland)||Marathon men||2:20:19||Nominated||Mok Ying Ten||–||–||–|
|Commonwealth Games (Scotland)||4x100m men||39.27s||Nominated||Amirudin, Lee, Elfi, Naqib, Gary, Calvin||–||–||–|
|Commonwealth Games (Scotland)||4x100m women||48.87s||48.11s||Habibah, Shanti, Eugenia, Tyra, Priya, Wendy||–||–||IVP|
2014 Commonwealth Games
22nd Jul 2014
Posted by Sha
Bye Singapore, hello Tracktown USA!
Shanti with her parents, accompanied by her coach, Margaret Oh, on their way to the IAAF World Jr. C’ships held at Oregon this early morning. She will be competing in the women 200 metres event.
Jannah Wong accompanied by her dad, William Wong, on their way to Oregon. The young hurdler embarked on her IAAF World Junior journey this morning. Coached by Melvin Tan, the 18-year-old will look upon to improve her women 100m hurdles national mark of 14.14 seconds
Zubin Percy, Muncherji slated to compete in the 400 metres men event, has pulled out of the Championship due to a hamstring injury. Speedy recovery Zubin.
SAA page on 2014 IAAF World Junior Championships
Posted by Sha
Please take note, the 5km women and 10km men has been replaced by the 20km race walking event. It will be held held out of stadium.
Below is the updated entry from.
Please bookmark the official 76th Singapore Open page for the latest updates.
Posted by Sha
Upcoming International events in the coming days.
7 days to IAAF World Junior Cships (22-27 Jul)
– Jannah Wong, 100m hurdles women
– Shanti Veronica Pereira, 200m women
– Zubin Percy, Muncherji, 400m men
8 days to Commonwealth Games (23 Jul to 3 Aug)
– 4x100m women, Shanti, Habibah, Wendy, Priya, Eugenia, Tyra replacing injured Dipna
– 4x100m men, Naqib, Calvin, Lee, Elfi, Amirudin, Gary
– Mok Ying Ren, marathon men
10 days to Vietnam Open (25-26 Jul)
– Hannah Lee, discus women
– Wong Kai Yuen, shot put men
– Fang Jian Yong, 800 & 1500m men
15th Jul 2014
Coach education in Singapore is driven by the National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) developed in the 1990s. With changes in the sports industry over the last 20+ years, Sport Singapore recognises the need to revise the NCAP. After years of research in existing coaching education systems, survey of coaches and consultations with various stakeholders/domain experts, we are delighted to share with you the new SG-Coach Programme.
The new SG-Coach Programme’s aims are to enhance the training and development pathway for coaches in the community, youth, clubs and high performance programmes and to develop high quality and professional coaches to support the demands of the coaching industry in Singapore. Coaches trained in this programme will gain multi-dimensional skills in the area of sports science, coaching, lifeskills, evidence-based practices and to promote social values and principles. You may refer to our website for more information regarding the SG-Coach Programme.
Date: Monday 4 Aug – 3 Sep 2014 (14 sessions)
Time: 7.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: Sport Singapore, 3 Stadium Drive Singapore 397630
Registration: Please see link
Enquiries: Email [email protected] or 6500 5315
Posted by Sha
LINKS: Full Results | Top 10 | Team SG | Schedule | C’ship Records
You can find SG Open videos at our Youtube channel here.
Prize presentation videos is linked here.
All countries and club team managers please take note, the Technical meeting is held on Friday, 22 Aug 6PM at Village Hotel Bugis (Level 6 Quartz Room).
Entries must reach us BEFORE 12pm, Monday, 4th Aug 2014 .
Athletes from school or institution will need to submit their entry to SAA and their entry will be categorised under Singapore School Sports Council.
Unattached athletes will need to join our local clubs and represent under clubs like (Club Zoom, MR25, Red Hawk, Swift AA, Wings AA).
There’s a local qualifying entry, please take note.
All late entries WILL NOT be entertained. Strictly NO changing of category once the start list is published.
- 11 Sep – Top 10 individual performers.
- 24 Aug – Full results posted.
- 23 Aug – Photos gallery #1, gallery #2, gallery #3 andgallery #4 added.
- 23 Aug – Day 1 results posted (Excludes men high jump result, to resume on Day 2, 1pm).
- 22 Aug – LIVE results link posted.
- 22 Aug – Finalised start list.
- 20 Aug – Updated start list.
- 15 Aug – Technical meeting, Friday, 22 Aug 6PM at Village Hotel Bugis (Level 6 Quartz Room).
- 15 Aug – Schedule finalized.
- 15 Aug – Start list uploaded.
- 15 Aug – Competition preview posted.
- 8 Aug – Updated schedule.
- 4 Aug – 20km racewalking route map added.
- 18 Jul – 5km & 10km walks event replaced by 20km walks event.
- 9 Jul – Event page created.
- Saturday & Sunday, 23 & 24 Aug 2014
Download Registration Form Files:
- Start List
- Entry Forms
- The Schedule
- Conditions Document
- Championship Records
- Local Qualifying Entry
- 20km racewalking route map
Age eligibility / Categories :
Minimum age – 13 (i.e. those born in 2001 & earlier), athlete needs to meet qualifying mark for registration.
Send in your registration form to SAA.
S$10.00 per event
S$20.00 per event (Late entries, pending lane allocation and slot availability)
S$5.00 per set for replacement number bibs
- Send in your cheque. Cheque should be made payable to: “SINGAPORE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION”.
- Our address to send in your cheque is 3 Champions Way, Singapore Sports School (Blk 1), #01-10, Singapore 737912.
- There will be no refund of entry fees for any withdrawal / no-show after the closing date.
- There will be no refund if event is cancelled due to bad / wet weather on event day itself.
Entries must reach us BEFORE 12pm, Monday, 4th Aug 2014.
For inquiries, please call 6386-2721, or email SAA.
Registration Method – Using Entry Forms
- Download entry forms.
- Extract and open the various entry form documents.
- Key in your athlete particulars.
- Send the entry form documents to SAA