Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements, IAAF World Junior Championships, Overseas, Track & Field
The 14th edition of the IAAF World Junior Championships in Athletics will be held in July 10-15, 2012 at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, Barcelona, Spain.
What: 2012 IAAF World Junior Championships
Where: Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, Barcelona, Spain
When: 10th to 15th July, 2012
Official website: https://www.bcn2012.org
Below are PDF files entailing details of selection guideline, such as qualifying window, stipulations and such.
- 17th Jul – Ng Chin Hui finished fourth at the IAAF World Junior in qualifying stages.
- 5th Jul – Singapore junior, Ng Chin Hui, sole qualifier for the event flies off to Spain.
- 9th Nov – 2012 IAAF World Junior Championships qualifier file uploaded.
- 30th Sep – Details of IAAF World Junior Championships posted.
The following definitions apply to the age groups recognised by IAAF:
Youth Boys and Girls: Any athlete of 16 or 17 years on 31st December in the year of the competition.
Junior Men and Women: Any athlete of 18 or 19 years on 31st December in the year of the competition.
Preliminary Entry deadline: 10 April 2012 (Midnight Monaco time)
Final Entry deadline: 25 June 2012 (Midnight Monaco time)
- A maximum of two athletes from any one Member can compete in each event (with the exception of the Relays).
- Three athletes can initially be entered per event, provided each has achieved the Entry Standard, but only two will be allowed to compete.
- Members who have no male and/or no female qualified athletes whom they wish to enter may enter one unqualified male athlete and/or one unqualified female athlete in one event of the Championships (except the Combined Events, 10,000m, 3000m Steeplechase and 5000m Women).
- Member Federations who have no male and/or no female qualified athlete but whose best athlete excels in a field event, may submit to the IAAF, by the time of the Preliminary Entry deadline, the name(s) of their athlete(s) plus performance(s) they would like to enter in the field events. The Technical Delegates will make the final decision and, to do so, may seek the opinion of the relevant Area Association.
- If the host country of the World Championships does not have an athlete qualified in an event, it may enter one athlete in these events regardless of any entry standard.
Conditions for validity of performances
- All performances must be achieved during the period 1 October 2011 to 2 July 2012. Please note that the Final Entries deadline remains three Mondays before the first day of competition, i.e. 25 June 2012.
- All performances must be achieved during an official competition organised in conformity with IAAF Rules.
- All performances must be achieved during competitions organised or sanctioned by the IAAF, its Area Associations or its Member Federations. Thus, results achieved at school competitions must be certified by the Member Federation of the country in which the competition was organised.
- Performances achieved in mixed events (between male and female participants), held completely in the stadium, may be accepted under specific circumstances and conditions (see Rule 147).
- Wind assisted performances (over 2m/sec) will not be accepted.
- Indoor performances will be accepted.
- Hand-timed performances for events up to and including 800m will not be accepted.
- For Race Walks, road performances will be accepted.
- For the running events of 200m and over, performances achieved on over-sized
30th Sep 2011