Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements, IAAF World Championships, International, Overseas, Track & Field
- 18th Aug – SEA athletes ranked.
- 18th Aug – Day 9 final results.
- 17th Aug – Day 8 final results.
- 16th Aug – Day 7 final results.
- 15th Aug – Day 6 final results.
- 14th Aug – Day 5 final results.
- 13th Aug – Day 4 final results.
- 12th Aug – Day 3 final results.
- 11th Aug – Day 2 final results.
- 10th Aug – Day 1 final results.
- 10th Aug – Calvin Kang IAAF World Champ debut.
- 7th Aug – Calvin departs for Moscow.
- 7th Aug – Calvin second training session of the day.
- 5th Aug – Calvin Kang, a day before his Moscow departure.
- 3rd Aug – A day in the life of Calvin Kang.
- 22nd Jul – Calvin Kang selected for the 14th IAAF World Championships 2013.
- 3rd Apr – Unqualified athletes.
- 4th Jan – Event page created.
Date: 10–18 August 2013
Venue: Moscow, Russia (Luzhniki Stadium)
Official website: www.mos2013.org/en/
Download: PDF file of entry rules & qualifying mark set by IAAF
Singapore athletes who have met the qualifying mark
None so far.
Qualifying window as follows:
- 1 January 2012 to 29 July 2013 for the 10,000m, Marathon, Race Walks, Relays and Combined Events
- 1 October 2012 to 29 July 2013 for all other events
Selection criteria for Singapore athletes
a. Qualifying rules and standards stipulated by IAAF (Link)
b. Qualifying Window Stipulated by IAAF (Link)
c. If no one meets the qualifying mark and if SAA is given 2 wild card entries, one best male and one best female will be selected based on the respective ranking of the performance according to % off the Qualifying marks using the IAAF points. All field and team (relay) events selection are further subject to IAAF approval.
Example to show why using the IAAF Points System is fairer in deciding “better” performance between different events.
B Qualifying time 10.25s = 1122 points
Athlete runs 10.52s = 1034 points is 92.157% from B qualifying time
B Qualifying 20.00m = 1121 points
Athlete throws 17.50m = 972 points is 86.708% from B qualifying mark
B Qualifying 5.60m = 1143 points
Athlete jumps 5.10m = 1004 points is 87.839%% from B qualifying mark
B Qualifying 13:27.00 = 1113 points
Athlete runs 15:10.00 = 780 points is 70.080% from B qualifying mark
Based on the above, the Athlete whose %age is closest to the qualifying mark is the 100m followed by Pole Vault , the Shot Put and 5000m.
d. SAA reserves the right to drop any Athlete who has qualified if he/she is deemed unfit to perform at a competitive level at the Championships.
- Report Card for Gary Yeo and Dipna Lim-Prasad at the 2012 IAAF World Indoor Championships
- SAA sends off athletes to 2012 IAAF World Indoor Championships
- Two best performer at “Singapore U23 / Open Championships” to be selected for “13th IAAF World Championships”
- 2011 World Championships Qualify Standard