Please check if your name is in the start list below.
If it isn’t please contact events_at_athletics.sg
- Download: [download#603#nohits] Downloaded [download#603#hits] times
The local cross country season kicks off with SAA Cross Country Championship to be held this Saturday at Bedok Reservoir.
Some 585 participants are expected to grace the cross country which is in its 61st edition.
Based on the current start list, the defending champion for the men open 5 kilometers individual category, Jason Lawrence has not decided to run this year.
Jason won last year in a scintillating time of 15:58.29 minutes, leaving the second place finisher nearly a minute behind.
With the Kiwi not in running, it leaves the top spot wide open to our local lads.
Mohd Shah Feroz from Swift, Soh Rui Yong of Raffles Institution and Ashley Liew from Singapore Management University are runners to look out for, with Swift’s Karthic Harish Ragupathy, Eugene Rodigo of Victoria Junior College and T.Harrishankar of Swift as the dark horse contenders.
However our locals lads would have slug it out hard not only among themselves but also the lean mean running machine in the form of the Police Sports Association Gurkhas runners.
The PSA team while opted not to run last season has made a return this year. Expect a couple of them in the Top 10 position.
Last year women’s defending champion Jenny Lundgren from Athlon Running Club also has not decided to return. The category will welcome a new winner up on the podium.
Last year winner
Men Open 2010 Top 3 (5KM)
1. Jason Lawrence MR 25 Team 1 15:58.29
2. Feroz Md Swift Team A 16:55.67
3. Soh Rui Yong Mindef Team 1 17:01.07
Men U15 2010 Top 3 (5KM)
1. Mohamed Imran Jashiruden RI Team 1 18:29.94
2. Shehib Bin Abdul wahab Marican RI Team 1 18:30.82
3. Leong Shou Xiang HCI (High) 19:11.74
Men U18 2010 Top 3 (5KM)
1. Karthic Harish Ragupathy SJI Team A 17:17.30
2. Lim Jing Hong Aldrich Macritchie Runners 25 17:38.74
3. Yong Ren Wei Bryan Victoria Team 1 (VS1) 18:02.86
Men U20 2010 Top 3 (5KM)
1. Wilbert Ho RI Team 1 17:05.47
2. Zachary Devaraj ACSI Team A 17:17.14
3. Benjamin Amaldas RI Team 1 17:23.01
Men Masters 2010 Top 3 (5KM)
1. James Copinger Symes Macritchie Runners 25 17:49.57
2. Michael Craig Macritchie Runners 25 18:34.89
3. Arnaud Deherrypon Macritchie Runners 25 19:48.09
Women Open 2010 Top 3 (4.3KM)
1. Jenny Lundgren Athlon 15:45.42
2. Lin Yvonne Swift Team A 17:20.15
3. Tan Hui Min, Melissa NUS Team 1 17:44.14
Women U15 2010 Top 3 (4.3KM)
1. Lok Xin Ying Cedar Team 4 19:25.44
2. John Marianne CGS Team 1 19:33.24
3. Tang Rachel RV Team B 19:55.22
Women U18 2010 Top 3 (4.3KM)
1. Zann Su RV Team A 18:29.98
2. Nicole Lum SSP 2 18:47.14
3. Lim Yan Han Janielle SNG 1 19:09.85
Women U20 2010 Top 3 (4.3KM)
1. Mok Ying Rong RI Team 1 17:03.11
2. Zahrah Wan RI Team 1 18:05.36
3. Wong Wan Qi Clara VJC 1 18:32.22
Women Masters 2010 Top 3 (4.3KM)
1. Evelyn Meier Unattached 17:35.73
2. Sara Lee Unattached 20:23.59
3. Christina Tay Singapore Masters Athletics 22:26.13