The below position is closed.
The Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) is the national sports body for the promotion and development of disability sports. We run a wide range of disability sports programmes and are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team as:
ATHLETICS COACH (Elite and Developmental)
Renewable one year contract
- To train our elite athletes in preparation to participate in local and major international games as defined by SDSC
- To conduct strength & conditioning training for athletes
- To conduct at least 2 hours training session, at least 4 times a week
- To conduct time trials & selection trials bimonthly
- To ensure safety during trainings
- To look after the nutrition of the athletes
- Submission of training plans, athletes training attendance and progress reports
- Yearly Performance Indicators for athletics programme
- Meeting of updates with SDSC sports personnel on bi-monthly basis.
- To attend all overseas training/competitions with the athletes as directed by SDSC
- Create and maintain a database of all athletes’ performance
- Training Timing
- Competition Timing
- Dates of timing being recorded
For developmental :
- To run development programs for people with disabilities
- To identify and develop talented athletes to become part of elite training programme
- To work with SDSC Sports Officer to recruit 35 athletes
- Visually Impaired: 5 athletes
- Intellectually Disabled: 20 athletes
- Physical Disabled: 10 athletes
- IAAF coaching certificate and/or its equivalent
- Singapore Sports Council’s National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP), minimum Level 2 certification
- Preferably to possess a Diploma / Degree in Physical Education / Sports Science / Coaching or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years coaching experience at national level in both developmental and competitive coaching.
- Preferably with experience in coaching people with disabilities
- Has in-depth technical knowledge in coaching and organizing programmes
We offer an competitive remuneration package, medical benefits, annual leave, insurance and a wide range of opportunities for professional career development. Please submit your application with full resume, expected salary and a recent photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.