Registration is closed for this course.
Singapore Athletic Association (SAA) Kids’ Athletics Instructors’ Course is designed for those aspiring to be Kids’ Athletics instructors. Participants having successfully completed the course in addition to acquiring the National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) Level 1 certification shall be endorsed by SAA as instructors for Kids’ Athletics (KA) and Programme for Active Learning (PAL). Applicants are required to sign a Letter of Undertaking to providing 30 hours of coaching services within a calendar year upon successful completion of the course. Coaching assignments will be offered by the SAA for KA and PAL. Instructors will be paid $30.00 per hour for their coaching services. SAA will remove any instructor from its list of coaches for breaching the 30 hours coaching obligation. Instructors will have to sign the SAA Coaches Contractual Terms prior to performing coaching assignments offered by SAA. A course fee of $200.00 will be charged. The course fees covers course materials and other course administrative costs incurred by SAA. Applicants are required to attend a pre-course interview to assess their suitability for the course.
KA Course registration
- Course info Downloaded [download#479#hits] times
- Application form Downloaded [download#480#hits] times
- Letter of undertaking Downloaded [download#481#hits] times
The application form can be submitted via email to email_at_singaporeathletics.org.sg or by post to:
Singapore Athletic Association
3 Champions Way
Singapore Sports School (Blk 1),
#01-10, Singapore 737912
Course Details & Contents
Date: 8th June 2011 (Wednesday) to 12th June 2011 (Sunday)
Time: 0900hrs – 1800hrs
Venue: Boon Lay Garden Primary School
Closing Date: 30th May 2011.
- Introduction to IAAF Kids’ Athletics;
- Kids’ Athletics Documents &Equipment;
- Kids’ Athletics Competitions & Team Award Challenge Events
- Introduction to Programme for Active Learning (PAL)
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- PAL Lesson Plans & Equipment
- Other related theory lessons
- Setting-up of Kids’ Athletics Equipment;
- Conducting Demo with Explanation for the various Kids’ Athletics Stations;
- Training Kids’ Athletics w/o Equipment;
- Scoring System
- Setting-up of PAL Equipment
- Conducting a PAL Session
- Assessments on conduct of Kids’
- Athletics Stations & PAL lessons
Course will enable the participants to acquire:
- Theoretical knowledge in kids’ development in athletics;
- Practical knowledge for setting-up and use of the various kids’ athletics & PAL equipment approved by the IAAF & MOE;
- Practical knowledge to safely conduct the various kids’ athletics stations & PAL lessons approved by the IAAF & MOE;
- Qualify for application for the IAAF Level I Course.
- Class size – Maximum 30 participants (Subject to changes).
- Classroom lectures and practical demonstrations.
- Practical hands-on on the use of kids athletics & PAL equipment and conduct of the various KA stations & PAL lessons.
- Teachers, students and working professionals
- With or without coaching experience
- Like working with children between the ages 7 yrs to 12 yrs
- Interest in athletics/sports
- Has basic physical fitness
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age;
- Possess a valid first aid certificate or acquire one before the completion of the course.
- Possess a NCAP Level One certificate or acquire one before the coaching in schools
- Applicants will be required to fulfill 30 hours coaching/activities within a year and 15 hours from the second year onwards upon successful completion of the course;
- Medically and physically fit to meet the coaching obligations;
- Participants are required to fulfill 100% attendance;
- Pass practical assessment on coaching of Kids Athletics & Programme for Active Learning (PAL).
Kids’ Athletics Administrator
Singapore Athletic Association