Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements
All are welcome. No RSVP required. Food and refreshment will be provided. Apart from recapping this 2011 season in review, the gathering will also focus on the upcoming SEA Games in December, and a special guest speaker by Mr. Christopher Jones on sports science.
Date: Saturday, 15th October 2011
Time: Commencing at 2pm (Sharp)
Location: Hotel Royal, Trishaw Coffee House, Lobby Level (Near to Newton & Novena MRT)
- 1:45pm – Registration
- 2:00pm – Mr Kunalan Opening
- 2:30pm – Mr Christopher Jones ‘Managing and Prevention of Track and Field Injuries’
All SEA GAMES TEAM (Athletes/Coaches) attendance is compulsory.
Any queries please contact SAA at [email protected] or call 63862721.
Profile of guest speaker Mr. Christopher Jones
Chris has written a book on how to manage track and field injuries. The format of the book is to first provide an understanding of common injuries. By explaining the injury and what causes it, he then outline the steps you can take to try to prevent them.
He will also talk about how to treat these injuries, how to modify your training including what you can do at training and what you can’t do, and finally he will touch on the best ways to rehabilitate these injuries.
- Master of Osteopathy
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Sports Science (Exercise Science)
- Australian Track and Field Team Medical Staff
- Osteopath at Diamond League Athletics Meets 2007
- National and International Track and Field Championships Placements
- Treatment of numerous World and Olympic champions including Tyson Gay (USA, 100m and 200m World Champion), Jeremy Wariner (USA, 400m World and Olympic Champion), Cathy Freeman (AUS, 400m World and Olympic Champion).
- Australian Institute of Sport BioMechanics Placement
15th Sep 2011