The second “SAA Parents, Athlete, Coaches Gathering” was held on 9th April, Saturday, at the S’pore Sports School.
It was a session where the SAA presented progress report, our future plans & initiative. It’s an informal interaction with all the stakeholders who plays a part in the development of Singapore Athletics.
SAA President, Mr. Tang Weng Fei giving his opening address to the audience below.
Mr. Tang Speech
At the “SAA Parents, Athlete, Coaches Gathering”, Mr.K touched on SAA recent collaboration with Pinnacle ProSport. Headed by former an ex-national sprinter, Frankie Lee, the sports talent management company will handle our national athletes professionally.
Official Press Release: http://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/pinnacle-prosports
One of SAA new initiatives is to setup our very own carding system. Also those breaking national record will be presented with incentives.
Recipients: Melvin Tan, Elfi Mustapa, Dipna Lim Prasad, Slava Vassiliev, Ng Kean Mun, Ming Xun Chong, Dominic Chan
SAA Carding System: http://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/athletes#saa-carding
Mr. K Progress Report
Mr. K report progress at the gathering includes:
1. Fill up SAA athlete/coaches database (At 00:40 minute)
2. Overseas competition (At 01:17 minute)
3. Selection Criteria, Co-Payment scheme (At 03:15 minute)
4. Relay squad (At 05:37 minute)
5. Training Camps (At 07:28 minute)
6. Rachel Yang (At 10:34 minute)
7. SAA Carding (At 11:29 minute)
8. Training Course (At 12:37 minute)
9. Asmah Hanim (At 14:11 minute)
10. IAAF Courses (At 15:58 minute)
C.Kunalan explains the Science Behind The Sport.
Dr. Leong Talk
Dr. Leong from race-walking explains foot biomechanics & foot injuries
Watch Part 2 of Dr. Leong talks here.