Guide for National Sportsman for Full-Pay Unrecorded Leave (FPUL) for sporting events
You must be a SpexCarded athlete to proceed below.
- Please fill up the FPUL form and send it to email_at_singaporeathletics.org.sg
- How to get the FPUL form? – Please email us at email_at_singaporeathletics.org.sg for the form, please indicate your unit either from MINDEF / MHA (SPF/SCDF).
- Singapore Athletics will then forward the document to SportSG.
- When SportSG receives the application, they will review the application, and will submit to MCCY for review.
- MCCY will then submit the application to MINDEF / MHA (SPF/SCDF) for processing.
- MINDEF/MHA is the only approving authority for NS FPUL/TO application. If only the application is successful, MINDEF/MHA HQ will inform the respective unit on the approval to release the sportsman for TO/FPUL.
You will have to submit the form to us for every quarter.
- For Q1 (April to June) – submit by end Feb.
- For Q2 (July to September) – submit by end May.
- For Q3 (October to December) – submit by end August.
- For Q4 (January to March) – submit by end November.
- This application may take at least 5 weeks and beyond, so please apply in advance.
- NSF serving with less than 1 year of service – Basic sportsman benefits of TO and FPUL.
- NSF serving 1 years after of service – Basic sportsman benefits of TO and FPUL plus SSS/HTSS emplacement.
- Please consult your coach and NS unit before submitting the form.
- Plan ahead as early as possible. The whole application process takes around 5-6 weeks (From the time SportSG receives the application) as required by MCCY and MINDEF/MHA.
- Please allow us 3-working day to reply and acknowledge your application.
- Any application not fully furnished or not in order with timelines, will not be endorsed.
- All applications are to be endorsed by Singapore Athletics before submitting to SportSG.
- No time-off will be granted whilst on Basic Military Training (BMT) and any vocational trainings subsequently.
- A daily training attendance will have to be maintained by the NSF and submitted to Singapore Athletics each month.
- Sportsman may apply for SSS/HTSS emplacement quarterly for enhanced TO and FPUL privileges if he fulfils the criteria (Please contact us for more details).
- SSS/HTSS emplacement applicant must at least be PES A or B status.
- TO and FPUL entitlements are only pegged to Major Games / key competitions / intensive training camp, and not for any sporting events. This is still subject to MINDEF/MHA’s prerogative on approval.
- Sportsman not emplaced under SSS/HTSS can only enjoy basic sportsman benefits.
Glossary & Terms
- TO – Time off
- FPUL – Full-Pay Unrecorded Leave
- SSS – SAFSA Sportsman Scheme
- HTSS – Home Team Sportsman Scheme
SpexCarding – https://www.sportsingapore.gov.sg/athletes-coaches…
SportSG – https://www.sportsingapore.gov.sg
MCCY – https://www.mccy.gov.sg
MINDEF – https://www.mindef.gov.sg
MHA – https://www.mha.gov.sg
SCDF – https://www.scdf.gov.sg
Mindef reviews leave system for NS athletes – http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/Latest%2BNews/Sports…