Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements
A programme, designed for elite athletes, towards qualification for the Rio Olympic Games 2016.
Content of scholarship
- Access to appropriate training facilities
- A coach specialised in the relevant sporting discipline
- Regular medical and scientific assistance and control
- Accident and illness insurance
- Board and lodging costs
- Adequate pocket money
- A fixed subsidy to offset travel costs to participate in the required international Olympic qualification competitions
- Access to technical information on the Rio Olympic Games
March 2014 – Application opens.
7 April 2014 – Last day for applicants to submit their interest for this scholarship to SAA
9 April 2014 – Interview of the applicant(s) by SAA
11 April 2014 – SAA nomination of athlete(s) to SNOC.
1 June 2014 – SNOC submits their selection of nominee by SAA to Olympic Scholarships for first batch of allocations.
1st September 2014 – The first Olympic Scholarships batch for Rio will start.
1 January 2015 – Second batch of scholarships activated.