Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements
The below SpexTEAM 2011 athletes are to ensure that they had their medical Clearance at Healthway Medical Group, to be completed by 30th September 2011.
|1||WONG TUCK YIM||B1|
|4||IZWAN FIRDAUS BIN HANIF||B2|
|5||LEE CHENG WEI||B2|
|6||MUHAMMAD ELFI BIN MUSTAPA||B2|
|7||TSENG KE CHEN STEFAN||B2|
|8||YEO FOO EE GARY||B2|
|9||BENJAMIN NG WEIJIE||B2P|
|10||CHONG MING XUN||B2P|
|11||CHOO SZE MIN AMANDA||B2|
|12||Lance Tan Wei Sheng||B2P|
- It is compulsory that all spexTEAM carded athletes obtain medical clearance by 30 Sep 2011. Athletes who were cleared after 1 Jan 2010 are exempted from this exercise.
- Please note that athletes who are not medically cleared by 30 Sep 2011 will have their spexTEAM carding revoked. They will not be eligible for the direct athlete funding (e.g. spexTAG, ACT, spexMEDIC etc). Once carding is revoked, medical indemnity coverage provided by SSC will cease. We seek your co-operation to inform your carded athletes of this requirement and the consequences of failure to comply.
- Medical clearance for your athletes can now be done at Healthway Medical Group (HWMG). Please call SportsMedic Centre to set up the appointment. The contact details are:
Name of contact person for appointment: Veronica /Fauziah Contact Tel No for appointment: 6733 9560 Email of the contact person: [email protected] Location of the Sports Clinic: SportsMed Central, 111 Somerset Road, #01-10A TripleOne Somerset, Singapore 238164.
- Please note that expenses for the medical clearance will be paid by SSC. Any cases that need further investigations will have to be referred to Dr Cormac, Medical Director, Medical Centre, SSI, SSC for further decisions. Any other investigations requested by the athlete will not be borne by SSC. The clinic will impose a full rate penalty of Medical Clearance charges for no-shows, if athletes fail to turn up on the scheduled date of their appointment. This penalty will be borne by the NSA.
- Do advise us if there are any overseas-based carded athletes that are required to undergo medical clearance. Those who have undergone medical screening can provide SSC with a copy of the medical clearance report from the institution. Alternatively, they may schedule an appointment for the annual screening at Sports Medical Centre, SSI, SSC when they are back in Singapore within 2011.They have to submit the following original documents from the attending physician by 30 Sep 2011.
Pre-participation Medical Questionnaire form – to complete this form with attending physician; Resting ECG, Blood Pressure (BP), Weight & Height measurement; Lab test –Urine FEME; Lab test – Full Blood Count (for both male and female athletes) & additional blood test (anaemia profile) for female athlete; Chest X-ray (once every 3 years) & Pre-participation Medical Clearance Record – to be completed by attending physician.
- Athletes are advised to wear T-shirt and shorts for the screening and to be punctual for their appointments. The athletes must complete and bring the attached documents for their appointment:
Appendix 1 – Patient Registration Form (if screening is done locally); Appendix 2 – Pre-participation Medical Clearance Record (only for overseas-based athletes) & Appendix 3 – Pre-Participation Medical Questionnaire.
- Please contact your SSC Sports Performance Manager or Mrs. Margaret Wong, Nursing officer, Medical Centre, SSI, SSC at Tel : 6 5005 458) or LOO Leong Chong Manager (Athlete Services, 6500 5336, 6 6346 1842) should you require any clarification. Thank you.