Posted 6th Jan 2017
Online Registration Portal:
The SAA “Kids Development” (KD) Programme is part of Singapore Athletics Long Term Athlete Development Programme (LTAD) which aims to promote participation among children in fun and healthy fundamental movement programmes, offer the necessary coaching facilities for skills development, and healthy competitive opportunities aimed at promoting personal progress and allow for talent spotting. The LTAD Programme’s main service is to provide developmental coaching service for the public and to provide affordable access to a high quality athletics development programme that is aligned with the principles of the IAAF’s Long Term Athlete Development philosophy based on IAAF CES Level 1 Manual.
SAA Kids Development (KD) Programme is phase one of four sequential phase of the LTAD. This programme is opened to all children in the age 5 to 12 group and will consist of a fun, supportive environment for developmental running. Children can join with any level of skill or fitness. They will do a range of basic athletic (track and field) events.
Training sessions and cost
- Every Saturday (5pm to 6.30pm) at Kallang Practice Track, Home of Athletics.
- Updated on 8 May 2017: For new sign-ups from June onwards, please take note that the training fees will be per term (i.e 2 months) instead of monthly. Refer to below.
$80 per TERM (1x weekly, total of 8 sessions per term)
(Additional $10 for first time registration for the purchase of the T-shirt)
- $80 per TERM (1x weekly, total of 8 sessions per term)
Please check the calendar to find out on registration period, training and competition dates for year 2018.
Singapore Athletics have certified IAAF Youth coaches to train and prepare young children for developmental running as well as kids’ competition (age 5-12 years) and also provide the ‘bridge’ to ‘real’ athletics.
We provide a minimum provision of one coach to guide the athletes. Coach – athlete ratio of 1:15
If you would like to be one of the coaches or assistant coaches, kindly email us a copy of your resume to [email protected]
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/saadevelopment/
- 1 Jul 2017 – KD kids at 1st SA U13 Track & Field Championships 2017
- 30 Sep 2017 – Children’s Day Celebration
- 11 Nov 2017 – High Jump Clinic with Michelle Sng –
- 9 Dec 2017 – Fun Kids Athletics mini competition –
Posted by Sha