The Eurasian Association, Singapore (henceforth “the EA”) will award the Joseph Schooling Sports Grant (“the Grant”) for 2019, in January 2019.
The EA set up the Grant after Joseph Schooling won Singapore’s first Olympic gold medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, to recognise the achievements of Joseph Schooling, and also to inspire young Eurasians to strive for sporting excellence.
The Grant, which is a cash award of S$5,000, primarily serves to defray training and/or equipment costs that might be incurred in pursuit of sporting excellence.
The Grant will be awarded competitively to the most deserving young sportsperson that meets criteria such as:
- Eurasian, as defined by the EA.
- Aged between 14-19 years (inclusive) in the calendar year of the application
- Has won a medal (bronze, silver or gold) in the National Schools Competition, SEA Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Olympic Games, and other events as recognised by the EA.
- In full-time education, and able to be promoted to the next academic year.
The timeline and process for the Grant award in 2019 is as follows:
- Application period: Opens 1 October 2018
- Closing date of application 31 October 2018
- Interview to be set up in the month of November 2018
- Announcement of successful applicant: early December 2018
- Disbursement of full cash grant: mid-January 2019
The Grant will be administered by the EA’s Education Secretariat, who will be responsible for shortlisting the applicants and convening the interview committee.
The application form and details can be found via the following webpage http://www.eurasians.org.sg/education/awards-and-scholarships/
18th Oct 2018