Registration for this course is now closed.
The Singapore Athletic Association is now inviting members of the public (with athletics experience) to sign-up for the TOECS Level 1 course, to be held from 5th November 2012 to 9th November 2012 (Monday-Friday), daily course starting at 7pm to 10pm.
- Course Content: IAAF Technical Rules of Track and Field Events
Date: From 5th Nov, Mon to 9th November, Fri
Download the application form, and send it to SAA.
Our address: “Singapore Athletic Association”, 3 Champions Way, Singapore Sports School, Blk 1, #01-10, Singapore 737912
Email: [email protected]
The TOECS Level I has the following objectives:
- Provide participants with the theoretical and practical training to make technical officials competent to officiate at local, regional, national and exceptionally, at international competitions held within their country.
- Identify and develop competence in basic officiating skills
- Provide an understanding of the role and develop the qualities and competence of a Technical Official
- Provide an introduction to an understanding of the IAAF Competition Rules
- Encourage, improve and verify appropriate interpretation and application of the IAAF Competition Rules by Technical Officials
- Provide an introduction to the basics of competition management
- Help identity candidates for TOECS Level I
- Foster the ethical and moral development of Technical Officials.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria before being accepted on a TOECS Level 1 Course:
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old as of 31 Dec 2012 and have an interest in athletics
- They must be able to read, write and converse in the language in which the course is to be conducted
- Candidates must be physically fit for their assigned role. This does not exclude individuals with disabilities from participating from the courses.
CLOSING DATE : Thursday, 25 October 2012 5.00 pm (for submission of application form)
COURSE FEE PER PERSON : S$120-00 (Participants will be issued a IAAF Competition Rules Book 2012/2013 & Tea-Break everyday).
For student under the age of 18 (as at 31-12-2012) = S$80-00.
PAYMENT : Cheques should be crossed and made payable to “SINGAPORE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION” and send to: 3 Champions Way, Singapore Sports School Blk 1, #01-10, SINGAPORE 737912
LECTURERS : IAAF Technical Officials Education & Certification System (TOECS) Lecturers
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION : English
ASSESSMENT : Theory Exam (Written) – dates will be advised by lecturers AND Practical Exam – assessment at five SAA Meets. More details will be advised by lecturers.
CERTIFICATION : The SAA Track & Field Officiating Certificate will be issued to those who are successful in both the theory and practical examinations
Note: The number of participants per course is limited to 40 and registrations will be accepted on a first come first served basis.