SAA is inviting suitable candidates to apply for the above. These IAAF Certifications will enable you to conduct coaching courses for both IAAF and SAA. We need more certified local lecturers to continue to develop and train new coaches who are going to coach our athletes.
If you have the passion to teach and acknowledge the importance of teaching and passing down the experience you have for others to also learn from you, then you are the one we are looking for. If you are keen and interested, please send in your application to SAA together with your CV & Photo by Feb 11 2012. All suitable candidates will be invited for an interview with VP T&S to confirm the recommendation to IAAF for the lecturer’s courses.
Candidate requirement and criteria:
- Preferable IAAF certificate with at least a 4 in theory and 3 or higher in practical results
- Are certified to advance to level 2 (to be able to lecture level 1 course)
- Are certified to advance to level 3 (to be able to lecture level 2 course)
Possessing any of the following will be an advantage:
- Coaching current or recent past elite athlete/s
- Sports Degree
- Teaching or Lecturing experience
VP Training & Selection