Application is now closed.
- 29 Sep – Course info posted.
SIGN-UP ONLINE NOW FOR THIS COURSE – CLICK HERE
Course Date: 21-23 Nov, 27-30 Nov, 5-7 Dec
Venue: Kallang Practice Track
Course Fee: $500
Course Duration: 10 days. Compulsory to attend the full 10-day course as per the IAAF requirements
Application Closing Date: 6pm on Monday, 20 October 2014.
Payment Closing Date: 6pm on Monday, 20 October 2014
Announcement of Final list of Participants: 31 October 2014
Maximum participants allowed: 24
Objectives of CECS Level 1 Course:
- To develop the skills to organize Kids Athletics: Preparation and Competition; orientation to athletics for 13-15 year-olds.
All applicants must meet the basic entry requirements to be considered for the course. If you do not meet the basic entry requirements, you may not be shortlisted for the course.
Basic Entry Requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of a completed Primary school education
- Have an interest in athletics
- Must be physically fit and able to learn to demonstrate all athletic events.
- Must be willing to actively involve himself or herself as a qualified coach and to assist the IAAF Member Federation in the development of athletics
- Be able to speak and read the course language sufficiently well to sit a written and practical examination
- Compulsory to attend all classes punctually and throughout the duration of the course (Compulsory to attend the full 10-day course as per the IAAF requirements)
- Must have completed Basic Sports Science (BSS) or been granted BSS waiver.
Note: BSS is a pre-requisite to all Theory and Integrated courses of Singapore Coach Excellence Programme (SG-Coach). CECS Level 1 is regarded as an integrated course in the SG-Coach Programme.
Those without BSS certification are encouraged to attend the course for future IAAF CECS Level 1 courses. More details on BSS course found here – http://www.sportsingapore.gov.sg…
- You can apply online at https://docs.google.com/forms…
Where there are more than 24 applicants who meet the above basic entry requirements, the selection panels will shortlist applicants based on the following selection guidelines:
a) Group A – Current Track & Field coaches and PE teachers etc.
b) Group B – Non Track & Field coaches, public etc.
Group A *
School PE Teachers
School Track and Field CCA Teachers
Track and Field coaches
Kids Athletic Certified Coaches
Group B *
School Sports Administrators
Strength and Conditioning Coach
Coaches coaching other sports
National Athletes / Former National Athletes
* Relevant documents (certificates, referral letters etc.) must be accompanied together with your application form and cheque.
2. Payment received
- All applications are given consideration according to the date the completed application & payment are received by the SAA. Applications without payment will not be considered complete until payment is received. Please note: Your cheque is not banked in until after selection.
3. Payment Information
We accept payment by cheque or cash.
Singapore Athletic Association
3 Champion Way
Singapore Sports School
Blk 1 #01-10
Fax: (65) 6386-7773
Tel: (65) 6386-2721
Cheque should be made payable to Singapore Athletic Association
The refund of Course Fees will be based on the Refund Policy Table below:
% of the aggregate amount of the fees paid
If applicant’s written notice of withdrawal is received
More than 7 days before the Course Commencement Date
Less than 7 Days before the Course Commencement Date
After Course Commencement Date
* Refunds will be made within 30 working-days upon receipt of written notice
Any enquiries please contact [email protected]