This page was last updated March 23, 2017 at 10:56 am
Please take note! Field is under maintenance.
This page has 5 sections:
Click on the link below to jump to the sections.
- Bookings info.
- Online Application for HOA Track and/or Field usage.
- Online Application for HOA gym usage.
- HOA Etiquette.
Singapore Athletics has a brand new home at Home of Athletics (HOA).
We want to start a vibrant athletics community at HOA itself, a place where track and field athletes can convene, train, nurture and excel.
SA are inviting coaches and athletes from clubs, schools and athletics enthusiast of the exclusive usage of the venue.
We’ve a dedicated time slot for respective use of either the Track/Field and the gym as below indicated.
Address: Kallang Practice Track. 52 Stadium Road, Singapore 397724
Contact point: email@example.com
- TAXI – Alight at the OCBC Arena Taxi Stand (I29) and walk towards OCBC Arena. Use the underpass along Stadium Drive to cross over to the Kallang Practice Track.
Via the Circle Line: Alight at Stadium MRT Station (CC6) and take Exit B, and walk towards OCBC Arena. Use the underpass along Stadium Drive to cross over to the Kallang Practice Track. Alternatively, take the Circle Line to Mountbatten MRT Station (CC7) and take Exit A. Turn left to cross the junction of Mountbatten Road and Old Airport Road to Stadium Boulevard. Walk along Stadium Boulevard towards the Singapore Sports Hub; the Kallang Practice Track will be on your right (before the roundabout).
Via the East West Line: Alight at Kallang MRT Station (EW10) and take exit A. Cross the road at the junction on the left and follow the sheltered linkway towards the Singapore Sports Hub. After crossing the bridge across Nicoll Highway, turn left on the 100PLUS Promenade and go down the stairs of the OCBC Arena. Use the underpass along Stadium Drive to cross over to the Kallang Practice Track.
Bus Stop 1 (Bus: 11) – Alight along Stadium Boulevard (Bus Stop No. 80181) outside the Kallang Squash and Tennis Centre. Walk along Stadium Boulevard towards the Singapore Sports Hub; the Kallang Practice Track will be on your right (before the roundabout).
Bus Stop 2 (Buses: 10, 14, 16, 70, 70M or 196) – In the direction towards the CBD/City, alight along Nicoll Highway at the bus stop outside National Stadium (Bus Stop No. 80219). Cross the bridge, turn left on the 100PLUS Promenade and go down the stairs of the OCBC Arena. Use the underpass along Stadium Drive to cross over to the Kallang Practice Track.
Bus Stop 3 (Buses: 10, 14, 16, 70, 70M or 196) – In the direction from the CBD/City, alight along Nicoll Highway at the bus stop opposite Singapore Sports Hub (Bus Stop No. 80211). Cross the bridge across Nicoll Highway, turn left on the 100PLUS Promenade and go down the stairs of the OCBC Arena. Use the underpass along Stadium Drive to cross over to the Kallang Practice Track.
Coming from East Coast Parkway (ECP) and Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE), exit at Fort Road which connects to Mountbatten Road. From Mountbatten Road, turn left into Stadium Boulevard
From Central Expressway (CTE), exit into Pan Island Expressway (PIE) heading towards Changi Airport.
From Pan Island Expressway (PIE) heading towards Changi Airport or Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) heading to East Coast Parkway (ECP), exit at Sims Ave and drive along Sims Way which connects to Mountbatten Road. From Mountbatten Road, turn right into Stadium Boulevard. Alternatively, keep right within Sims Way and turn right into Nicoll Highway. Once along Nicoll Highway, turn left into Stadium Drive.
|NATIONAL TEAM TRAINING – HOA PRIORITY USAGE|
|Track usage – Daily||7am to 11am
(Every Sat will be from 7am to 1pm)
5pm to 9pm
|Inner lanes 1-5 reserved
Public please use outer lanes
|Field usage – Daily
||7am to 11am
(Every Sat will be from 7am to 1pm)
5pm to 9pm
|Public please do not enter the field. Flying projectile being hurled in the field. Enter at your own risk.|
|Every Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat||8:30am to 10:30am for Sat morning. The rest of days are 6pm to 9pm||SDSC athletics training *|
|Every Tuesday||Whole day||ActiveSG maintaining the field. Field off-limits|
|Every Friday||8:30am to 10:30am||Sports Cares (Approx. 30 children) *|
|FOR YEAR 2017|
|13 Aug||Whole Day||Shape Run|
|30 Jul||5:50pm-7:30pm||Walk for our Children|
|17 Jun||5-7pm||International Yoga Day|
|13 May||Whole day||Singapore Masters T&F|
|17 Apr||3pm onwards||ActiveSG Sports Centres will be closed on 17 April 2017 from 3pm onwards. Thus no lights and toilet closed|
|11-16 Apr||9am to 7pm
Except for 15-16 Apr which is 7am to 7pm
|HSBC Rugby 7|
|9am to 11am
9am to 11am
9am to 11am
8am to 9am
9am to 11am
Super Rugby 7s Tournament
|6:30pm to 8:30pm
6:30pm to 8:30pm
8:30am to 10:30am
|ActiveSG Athletics Club (AAC). Using warmup area. *|
* mean the event can co-exist with other users utilising the venue. Also please refer to SA 2017 calendar for events hosted at HOA by SA and its affiliates.
(2) HOA – The Track and Field Usage/Application
Kallang Practice Track will exclusively cater to athletics training from 3rd November 2014 onwards.
- If you need to book the whole of HOA for an event, please do so at https://members.myactivesg.com/facilities or submit this booking form to Sport_bookings@sport.gov.sg. All bookings of KPT have to be submitted to SportsSG to receive a case number and confirmation from SportSG.
- If you wish to use HOA co-existing with other community, elite and masters athletes utilising the venue, please register your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate your weekly training schedule to facilitate the loaning training equipment and facilitating your request of e.g. prepping the high jump pits to throws ring cage for your usage.
(3) HOA – Gym Usage/Application for ATHLETICS ATHLETES only
Note: Training partner scheme has ceased and is no longer in effect as of 1st March 2017. No unauthorised entry into the gym except for carded and approved athletes only.
- CARDED athletes has priority use of the gym.
- Gym usage falls under two categories:
- CARDED ATHLETES – Immediate approval.
- APPROVED ATHLETES (OPEN) – Per SDP department approval
SA will make discretionary approval of applicant gym usage if needed on a special basis for the below categories.
|Carded||SSI and/or SA carded|
|Open||20-34 years old|
|Junior||18-19 years old|
|Youth||16-17 years old|
|Masters||35 years old & above|
Submit your gym interest to email@example.com.
(4) Track/Field Etiquette
- Run counter clockwise. If you decide to run clockwise, run on the outer most lanes. Stay out of the way of runners who are working out and running in the accepted direction.
- Stay alert and don’t use ear phones. Look both ways before entering onto a track as there might be users who are sprinting or throwing implements in the field.
- Bicycles, scooters, roller blades, and prams are not allowed on tracks. For the most part animals are restricted from the track.
- Please be aware of national athletes who are training there. As they’re moving at a high velocity, the faster the runner, the more inside the lane reserved for him or her. Walking is reserved for the outside most lanes.
- If you are the faster runner and you are approaching from behind, give ample notice and call-out. The traditional phrase to use is “track”. Which means move over someone faster is coming through.
- If you hear “track” or “on your left” or “on the inside” either move directly off to the infield.
- If a track team is working out on the track – they take precedence over individuals.
- No playing activities e.g balls on the track. Do it outside of the track or within the D-Ring zone
- Do not reserve whole stretch of running lanes, or multiple lanes for your workout. Please be considerate of others. Do it only when no other user are around.
- 6 Oct 2015 – Users beware of the protruded steel at HOA.
15th Oct 2014
Tags: Home of Athletics