Posted by Sha
- 14th March – Results by IAAF.
- 8th January – Info of 2nd Trial posted.
- 8th January – Photos of SAA Walks 1st Trial uploaded.
- 18th December – Event page created.
Official website: iaaf.org
Date: 10th March 2013, Sunday
Venue: Nomi City, Japan
Selection process timeline for Singapore athlete
- Event Date: 10 March 2013
- Final Entry by name: 8 February 2013
- Preliminary Entries Submission: 10 January 2013
- SAA Walks Trial for this competition: 30 December 2012
Selection criteria for Singapore athlete
Participants please register your interest for this meet by downloading this entry form and send it to events_at_athletics.sg.
- The host covers board and lodging for 3 nights (9 – 12 March 2013) for maximum of 3 (one male athlete, one female athlete and one official) from each participating country.
- Participating Federations/Associations are responsible for travel to and from Japan and own medical insurance coverages.
- Proposed traveling dates: Friday 8th March – return on Sunday 10th or Monday 11th March 2013
- SAA Selection Trial to be held on Dec 30th, 2012 Sunday at 7.30 am, around Marina Bay Promontory/Olympic Walk 2 Km Circuit
a) For Singapore Citizens only (Male/Female).
b) Qualifying standard as follow (based on 6th placing at 2011 SEA Games):
Male qualifying time: 1hr: 40:00
Female qualifying timing: 2hrs:00:00
c) Only 1 Male & 1 Female walker shall be in the final Team to NOMI.
d) If none of the walkers qualify, the following will apply to the top Male and Female finisher:
(i) If the timing is 3% off the qualifying time, Athletes will have to pay 30% of the Air-Fare, SAA will cover 70%
(ii) If the timing is 6% off the qualifying time, Athletes will have to pay 60% of the Air-Fare, SAA will cover 40%
(iii) If the timing is 10% off the qualifying time, Athletes will have to pay 80% of the Air-Fare, SAA will cover 20%
(iv) If the timing is more than 10% off the qualifying time, Athletes will have to pay 100% of the Air-fare
e) SAA will reimburse Athletes’ part of the air fare according to his/her results in NOMI.
f) Any athlete who is disqualified (breaching the walking rules) during the trial shall not be selected.
Previous Asian 20km Race Walking Championships news
- Report Card for Edmund Sim & Serene Seah at the Asian 20km Race Walking Championships 2012.
- Race walker Edmund Sim breaks 20km road record in Japan.
- 2nd selection trial for Asian 20km Race Walking Championships 2012.
- Results of Selection Trial – Asian 20km Race Walking Championships 2012.
- Selection trial for Asian 20km Race Walking Championships 2012.