Posted 14th Aug 2010
This page was last updated September 19, 2018 at 3:34 pm
- 12 Sep 2018 – SA constitution changed in 2018
- 15 March 2015 – Singapore Athletic Association (SAA) renamed to Singapore Athletics (SA)
- 10 April 2014 – SA constitution changed in 2014
- 2 December 2011 – SA constitution in 2011
- 14 August 2010 – SAA website launched
SA is now a charity under Charities Acts
We would like to announce that with effect from 1st February 2011, Singapore Athletics (SA) is now a charity under Charities Acts as required by SSC.
South East Asia’s Top Athletics Nation
cohesive and successful system
develop and support
Athletes, Coaches, and Officials
South East Asia’s Top Athletics Nation
Athletes Centric Culture & Advance Coaches’ & Officials’ Education
Value Statements / Guiding Principles
Open and Transparent Policies
Champion of Communication
United Support for Athletes to Achieve
Strong and Cohesive Team of Coaches and Officials
Boasting a membership of 22 affiliate institutions, the Singapore Athletics (SA) continues to build on its proud history and tradition as Singapore’s governing body in the track and field for the new millennium.
Founded in 1934, SA’s historic footprints began more than 60 years ago when we opened our doors to Singapore’s early athletes at the Farrer Park Stadium. Since then, the SA has toiled and grown, and is now poised to chart new territories for the future. Under the helm of a new dynamic team of volunteers and full-time secretariat, the association will take bold strides to nurture talents and work towards a holistic athlete development and making competitive athletics a viable career.
Role of the Association
SA is a member of the IAAF and domestically, it is responsible – by its legal status, its recognition from the IAAF and its own constitution – for sanctioning, promoting, expanding, and strengthening athletics in Singapore
- To be responsible for all aspects of athletics within Singapore
- To promote the sport of athletics and the development of the athletics culture
- To provide appropriate administrative structure and services for the functioning of the Association and the sport
- To maintain an official list of national records
- To undertake preceedings against any individual or group who may have violated the rules of the Association and to impose sanctions where appropriate
- To obtain and maintain financial, human and technical resources required for the functioning of the Association
- To set budgets and maintain financial records
- To maintain good relations with and provide appropriate information to athletes and other members of the Association
- To maintain good relations with governmental, sporting, business and other organizations which have an interest in athletics or may be of assistance to the Association
- To maintain good relations with the media to ensure a positive promotion of the sport and the association’s activities.
- To promote the development of a programme of competitions to meet the need of its athletes
- To select and organize teams (and in conjunction with SNOC) to participate in international competitions
- To maintain a national calendar of athletic events
- To provide official sanctions for competitors including those organized by other agencies
5. Facilities and Equipment
- To ensure that competition venues and equipment meet technical specifications mandated by national and international rules.
- To guarantee the accuracy of road courses used for running and walking races
6. Officials and Coaches
- To oversee the recruitment, training, certification, deployment and control of the athletics officials and coaches required to carry out the programmes and activities of the sport
7. Medical and Scientific Support
- To plan and co-ordinate the delivery of sports medicine services to athletes
- To plan and co-ordinate the delivery of scientific services to coaches and athletes
- To ensure that a doping control programme is implemented in accordance with the rules of IAAF and relevant national regulations
Our website address is http://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg.
We collect personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences; transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies. We will never disclose it to any third party.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use our web hosting analytics package, users will not be able to opt out of the analytics tracking.
We do not share any personal data with anyone.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Contact us at http://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/contact
Posted by Sha