Posted by Sha
Filed under Announcements
The Kidz Run which was initially set for 28th September, the event has been moved to November. Finalised date is still pending confirmation. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Sign up to our mailing list to get the latest confirmed date for Kidz Run.
The below is the start list for 74th Singapore Open Track & Field Championships 2012, updated till 22nd August.
- Download PDF Downloaded [download#744#hits] times
Any errors, please email [email protected], or contact 6563862721 (Look for Gerry or Nelson).
The SAA Series Walks event has just completed it’s fifth competition of the year. The results and media files as below:
The last Series will be held on 16.09.2012 and prizes will be presented then. The following prizes will be given away.
Medals as follows:
1. Girls Under 14 years – 2 – for 1st and 2nd (as there are only 2 competitors)
2. Women Juniors – 3 – for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
3. Women Seniors – 3 – for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
4. Women Veterans – 6 – for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th ,5th and 6th
5. Men Seniors – 4 – for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th
6. Men Veterans – 6 – for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th.
Trophies as follows:
7. Best male walker – 1
8. Best female walker – 1
to be awarded to the 2 respective participants overall, showing consistency and good performance throughout the series.
Official SAA Series Walk Competitions 2012 page
- 8th September – Day 3 results uploaded.
- 7th September – Exciting finale for Singapore National Games Athletics.
- 3rd September – Day 2 results (Road Run only) uploaded.
- 2nd September – Day 2 results & updated start list (T&F only) uploaded.
- 31st August – Day 1 results & updated start list uploaded.
- 31st August – Updated start list & schedule uploaded.
- 29th August – Start list uploaded.
- 22nd August – Event details posted online.
Official website: singaporenationalgames.sg
Date: 1st, 2nd and 8th of September
Venue #1: Bishan Stadium (For Track and Field events)
Venue #2: Bedok Reservoir (For Road Run events only)
- 9th October – Team Singapore 6-medal haul from Malaysia Open.
- 9th October – Results uploaded (Compiled by Jad Adrian).
- 13th August – Event details posted.
Date: 6th & 7th October 2012
Schedule: Download PDF
Singapore athletes interested in the event, please register your interest with [email protected] with your details, contact and season-best result.
The Tug of War national side had a exhibition pull at the Singapore Flyer on 9 August.
Below are some photos from the event. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge the photo.
Please take note that there’s a National Tug of War Challenge on 1 Sep. More details here.
The Thailand Open Track & Field Championships 2012 was initially scheduled for August 31st to September 3rd, but it will be now moved to 2 – 5 November 2012.
The Venue is still the same, Thammasat University Sport Complex.
Image via Team Singapore website
Dipna Lim-Prasad ran her 100 metres hurdles women Round 1 heats on 6th August, Monday at 5:33pm Singapore time.
She was allotted the fifth heat, and assigned Lane 9.
The 21-year-old has a season-best of 14.41 seconds (0.7m/s) that was achieved in Taiwan during May earlier, and is the women national record holder with a time of 14.23 seconds (0.7m/s).
The young Olympian was hopeful to improve on her national mark, and was gunning for a sub-14 seconds performance.
However despite her best effort, Dipna ran a still fast 14.68 seconds (-0.1m/s).
She did not make it through the next round, where her heat was won by Australian Sally Pearson, 12.57 seconds.
|14.68||-0.1||952||21||Heat 5||6-Aug-2012||0.162s reaction, 7/9 pos|
From the left: Mr. Anthony lee, SAA President Mr. Tang Weng Fei, Chef de Mission Ms. Jessie Phua, Mr. Jimmy Phua husband of our CDM, Mr. Chris Chan SNOC Secretary General, and Mr. Edmund Lim SNOC Assistant Secretary General.
A special event was held at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, where the Republic athletes representing the nation for the Olympics mingled with supporters, officials and ministers.
The function not only serves as an appreciation for the athletes who have proudly represented Singapore, but also an advance celebration of the nation 47th year from independence.
In attendance was Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth & Sports Chan Chun Sing and joined by High Commissioner to the UK, T Jasudasen, International Olympic Committee Vice-President Ng Ser Miang, Chef de Mission Jessie Phua and Singapore Sports Council CEO Lim Teck Yin.
Apart from the VIPS, athletics was represented by SAA President Mr. Tang Weng Fei, sprinter Gary Yeo and hurdler Dipna Lim-Prasad.