The 30th edition of the Summer Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXX Olympiad will be held in 27 July to 12 August, 2012 at the Olympic Stadium, London, England.
What: 2012 Summer Olympics
Where: Olympic Stadium, London, England
When: 27 July to 12 August 2012
- Posted 19th Jul – Singapore Athletes at the Summer Olympics (Athletics Only)
- Posted 24th Jan – 2012 Olympics Qualifying Marks Downloaded 449 times
- Posted 18th Jan – If an NSA does not have any qualifiers it is allowed to nominate one male and one female athlete to the London Olympic Games. We have to send in the names of the best 2 athletes by 16th Jan 2012 to SNOC.
We have used the:
IAAF scoring points to rank every athlete’s performances from May 2011 till Jan 16 2012.
The IOC’s Rules for Unqualified athletes
- NOCs for which no male or no female athlete has reached the required qualification standard will be allowed to enter their best male athlete and their best female athlete in one athletic event each, with the exception of the Combined Events, 10,000m and 3000m Steeplechase.
- This applies equally to unqualified female entries from an NOC with qualified males, and vice versa.
- Acceptance of unqualified entries in Field Events will be at the discretion of the IAAF Technical Delegates, based on the technical standard of the athlete and the numbers of qualified athletes in the respective event. In order to allow the IAAF
Technical Delegates to assess the technical level of athletes requesting entries through this process, applications must be submitted by NOCs to the IAAF by 15 June 2012. The application must specify the event in which the entry is requested and the proof of the technical level and international participation of the nominated athlete. The IAAF shall subsequently confirm, in writing to NOCs, with a copy to LOCOG and IOC Sport, the approval or otherwise of the entry of the specified athlete(s).
The 2 Males to be nominated based on the ranking list are:
Stefan Tseng Ke Chen with 15.87m (Jul 2011) at 1033 points for Triple Jump
Yeo Foo Ee Gary with 10.62s (Jul 2011) at 1002 points for 100m
Gary in Lane 5, orange top.
The 2 Females to be nominated based on the ranking list are:
Dipna Lim Prasad with 14.23s (May 2011) at 1004 points for 100 Hurdles
Pereira Valerie Seema with 25.32s (May 2011) at 951 points for 200m
(i) If Stefan’s nomination is not accepted (see point 3 above) then Gary will replace him.
(ii) If for some reason Dipna is unable to go/or if she gets to London and for some reason can’t participate, then we might still have time to replace her with Valerie.
All other athletes should continue to train and aim to beat at least the “B” qualifying mark. If anyone beats the qualifying mark he or she will replace the nominated male or female.
VP, Training & Selection
- Posted 9th Dec – Following a study on the approved Qualification Standards for the Athletics Competitions of the Games of the XXX Olympiad, London 2012 (3 to 12 Aug), the requirements in six event disciplines have been eased. The marks is indicated below with asterisk *.
- 400m men
- 400m women
- 400m hurdles women
- 5000m men
- Shot put women
- Javelin throw women
- Posted 9th Nov – Below are PDF files entailing details of selection guideline, such as qualifying window, stipulations and such.
There are 24 men’s events and 23 women’s events – women do not compete in a 50km walk. Nations are able to enter up to three athletes per event provided they have achieved the A standard and one athlete per event if they have achieved the B standard.
The qualifying period for:
- Marathon, Walk and combined events is from Jan 1, 2011 to July 8, 2012
- For all other individual events it is May 1, 2011 to July 8, 2012
- Relay qualification is between Jan 1, 2011 to July 2, 2012.
|A Standard||B Standard||A Standard||B Standard|
|13.52||13.60||110m H / 100m H||12.96||13.15|
|8200||7950||Decathlon / Heptathlon||6150||5950|
|01:22:30||01:24:30||20km Race Walk||01:33:30||01:38:00|
|03:59:00||04:09:00||50km Race Walk||–||–|
|Top 16 teams||4x100m||Top 16 teams|
|Top 16 teams||4x400m||Top 16 teams|
* Qualification Standards reduced in six disciplines by IAAF as of 6 Dec 2012
- The target number of athletes for the sport of Athletics is 2,000.
- NOCs may enter up to three athletes for each event on the athletics program, provided they have achieved the A standard. In addition they can enter one reserve athlete for the same event provided he/she has also achieved the A standard.
- NOCs may enter one athlete for each event on the athletics program if he/she has achieved at least the B standard. In addition they can enter one reserve athlete for the same event provided he/she has also achieved at least the B standard.
All athletes must comply with the provisions of the Olympic Charter currently in force and only those athletes who have complied with the Olympic Charter may participate in the Olympic Games.
Any athlete aged 18 or 19 years on 31 December in the year of the competition (born in 1993 or 1994) may compete in any event except the Marathon and 50km Race Walk.
Any athlete aged 16 or 17 years on 31 December in the year of the competition (born in 1995 and 1996) may compete in any event except the throwing events (male athletes only), Decathlon, 10,000m, Marathon and Race Walk.
Athletes Younger than 16
No athlete younger than 16 years of age on 31 December in the year of the competition (born in 1997 or later) may be entered.