Posted by Sha
Event: 2012 Asian Junior Athletics Championship
Venue: Sugathadasa National Stadium, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Date: 9-12th June 2012
Official website: Athletic Association Of Sri Lanka
- 13th June – Shanti delivers Singapore second medal.
- 13th June – We’ve uploaded Team Singapore results only.
- 13th June – We’ve uploaded the full results.
- 13th June – Day 4 report of Team Singapore.
- 12th June – Day 3 report of Team Singapore.
- 11th June – Day 2 report of Team Singapore.
- 10th June – Day 1 report of Team Singapore.
- 9th June – Wong Kai Yuen lands Singapore first medal.
- 8th June – Download the latest schedule.
- 8th June – Team Singapore departs for Sri Lanka.
- 10th May – Team Singapore qualifiers for 2012 Asian Junior Athletics Championship.
- 15th March – We’ve uploaded the latest schedule.
- 24th February – SAA has received details of the event being competed. It is as below:
Men 100m 4x100m relay 200m 4x400m relay 400m High Jump 800m Pole Vault 1500m Long Jump 5000m Triple Jump 10000m Shot Put 6kg 10000m walk Discus Throw 1.75kg 110m hurdles Javelin Throw 800g 400m hurdles Hammer Throw 6kg 3000m steeplechase Decathlon Women 100m 4x100m relay 200m 4x400m relay 400m High Jump 800m Pole Vault 1500m Long Jump 3000m Triple Jump 5000m Shot Put 4kg 10000m walk Discus Throw 1kg 100m hurdles Javelin Throw 600g 400m hurdles Hammer Throw 4kg 3000m steeplechase Heptathlon
- 27th January – We’ve uploaded 2012 Asian Junior Qualifying Marks.
Please download the Selection guideline for 2012 Asian Junior Athletics Championship.
1. Qualification Standards
In order to be entered in the Asian Junior 2012 competition, an athlete will be required to achieve the appropriate Qualification Standard in the event(s) in which he/she is entered.
The Qualification Standards and relevant criteria shall be established by the SAA from 1st November 2011 onwards and will be valid till the final entry submission dead line for all events.
2. Qualification Period
Athletes must reach the standards as set by the SAA during the following prescribed periods:
- All individual events: 1 November 2011 to 31 May 2012 (or pending deadline for submission of final entry name list)
- Relays: 1 Feb 2012 to 31 May 2012. Runners will be selected from the National Junior Squad
- The closing date for preliminary entries is fixed on March 31, 2012.
- The deadline for entry is 24th May, 2012.
3. Qualifying Requirements
There are 3 phases during the qualifying period. Any athlete keen to be selected for the said event needs to compete in at least 1 competition from each phase to be considered eligible.
Time/Distance/Height recorded from the events and the athlete’s positioning will be ranked and monitored for consistency in performance throughout the season to be considered for final nomination.
If more than 2 athletes per event qualify or if there is a tie, then the final phase competition results will be used for the final nomination.
The final number of athletes that will be entered will be based base on the maximum of athletes that can be entered per event in the competition.
4. Qualifying Events
All performances must be achieved during competitions organised or authorised by the SAA or any SAA sanction competitions in conformity with IAAF Rules in the stipulated time frame.
Results achieved at university or school competitions will only be accepted if the Meets are sanctioned and certified by the SAA in which the competition was organised.
Performances achieved in mixed events between male and female participants, held completely in the stadium, may be accepted under specific circumstances and conditions (see IAAF Rule 147).
Wind assisted performances will not be accepted. Hand timing performances in 100m, 200m, 400m, 110m/100m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles and 4x100m Relay will not be accepted. Indoor performances for all field events and for races of 200m and longer, will be accepted.
For the running events of 400m and over (including combined events), performances achieved on oversized tracks shall not be accepted.
Asian Junior Athletics 2010 – Top 6 Placing
|Event (Boys)||6th||Event (Girls)||6th|
|110mH (0.991)||14.52||100mH (0.838)||17.31|
|400mH (0.914)||53.76||400mH (0.762)||66.25|
|800m||1 min 53.59 sec||800m||2 min 25.80 sec|
|1500m||4 min 06.75 sec||1500m||5 min 02.19 sec|
|3000m S/C||10 min 13.64 sec||3000m S/C||13 min 29.43 sec|
|3000m||–||3000m||11 min 24.44 sec|
|5000m||15 min 39.73 sec||5000m||20 min 23.50 sec|
|10000m||35 min 58.95 sec||10000m||–|
|10000m Walk||53 min 29.34 sec||10000m Walk||51 min 49.74 sec|
|4x400m||3 min 22.54 sec||4x400m||4 min 13.80 sec|
|Long Jump||6.98m||Long Jump||5.69m|
|High Jump||2.09m||High Jump||1.60m|
|Triple Jump||15.39m||Triple Jump||12.88m|
|Pole Vault||4.50m||Pole Vault||3.40m|
|Shot Put (6kg)||15.76m||Shot Put (4kg)||11.60m|
|Discus (1.75kg)||50.75m||Discus (1kg)||38.75m|
|Javelin (800g)||63.36m||Javelin (600g)||42.79m|
|Hammer Throw (6kg)||61.08m||Hammer Throw (4kg)||46.77m|