Posted by Sha
LINKS: Photos | Full Results | SG Results
- 17 Jun – Photos uploaded.
- 16 Jun – Team S’pore results.
- 16 Jun – Shanti Veronica Pereira eyebrow-raising performance at Asian Junior.
- 16 Jun – Jannah Wong hurdles her way into the 100m hurdles women record history books.
- 13 Jun – Shanti Veronica Pereira grabs bronze at the Asian Junior.
- 13 Jun – Zubin Percy rewrites 40-year-old long standing 400m national record.
- 12 Jun – 12 Singapore athletes to compete at Asian Junior C’ships 2014.
- 2 Jun – LIVE streaming.
- 24 Apr – Appeal final date.
- 13 Mar – Page updated with maps, new dates, schedule, etc..
- 10 Jan – Team Singapore selection criteria.
- 10 Jan – Page created.
Date: 12-15 Jun 2014
- Athletes aged 18 or 19 years on 31 December 2014 (born in 1995 or 1996), may compete in any event.
- Athletes aged 16 or 17 years on 31 December 2014 (born in 1997 or 1998), may compete in any event. However, the maximum number of events in which a Youth athlete can compete is two individual events plus one of the relays. If the two individual events are Track Events, only one of these may be longer than 200m.
- No athlete younger than 16 years of age on 31 December 2014 (born in 1999 or later) may be entered.
- End of April – End of qualifying window for SAA sanctioned meets, see below.
Venue: Taipei Municipal Stadium, Taipei City, Taiwan
Official website: taipei2014.tw
FULL results: Download the PDF
LIVE streaming: http://www.ustream.tv/embed/14400067
Map: Download the PDF
Schedule: Download the PDF
Entries & Qualifying window
a. 6th placing of Asian Jrs 2012 (See below qualifying mark table below).
b. SAA is willing to send any Singaporean Athlete who meets the qualifying mark. If no Athlete or less than 8 Athletes meet the marks, SAA is willing to send a maximum of 8 athletes who are closest to the qualifying mark based on the percentage each one is from the qualifying mark’s IAAF points.
- Example comparing 100m boys vs Long Jump Boys performances
100m Qualifying time 10.86s = 928 points ; Long Jump Qualifying distance 7.22m = 962 points
Athlete runs 10.89; This is worth 919 points and is 1% off the QT.
c. If only 2 Athletes per country are allowed to be entered per event but more than 2 athletes meet the qualifying mark, the top 2 ranked athletes during the qualifying window period below will be nominated
d. All SAA sanctioned competition results below will be considered for nomination.
1. SAA Track & Field Series 1 – 3
2. IVP Track & Field Championship
3. National School T&F C’ships
4. Or overseas competitions in SAA calendar of events 2014 that fall between Jan 2014 to 16 April 2014
e. All athletes who are nominated and selected will have to:
i. Attend all Team Training, Briefing & Camps
ii. Compete in the Singapore Youth & Junior Athletics Championships and or National Schools Championships for fitness and performance monitoring
f. SAA reserves the right to drop any qualified Athlete if the Athlete is deemed unfit to perform at a competitive level.
Note: Subject to deadline for submission of final entry name list
Missing in the above is Decathlon and Heptathlon events which will be contested at Asian Junior.
Singapore athletes who met the qualifying mark as of 16th April
|Competition||Event||Qualifying Mark||Result||Name||Affiliation||Age in 2014||Competition|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||400m hurdles girls 0.762m||67.50s||66.45s||Ng, Jia Yi||CCS||16||SYJAC|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||Pole vault men||4.20m||4.91m||Chan, Sheng Yao||HCI||18||SYJAC|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||Pole vault men||4.20m||4.43m||Yong Hao, Bennett||HCI||18||Nat Sch, Day 10|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||Pole vault men||4.20m||4.38m||Huan, Jun Kai, Dylan||SSP||17||Nantou Int.|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||Pole vault men||4.20m||4.30m||Koh, Aaron||HCI||19||SYJAC|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||Pole vault men||4.20m||4.23m||NG, Dewey||RIJC||18||Nat Sch, Day 10|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||Pole vault women||2.90m||3.18m||Teo Carmel||JJC||18||Nat Sch, Day 8|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||Pole vault women||2.90m||3.13m||Chang, An Zi||HCI||17||Nat Sch, Day 8|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||100m men||10.86s||10.80s 0.1m/s||Bin Asmin, Mohd Naqib||RP||19||IVP|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||200m men||22.00s||21.83s 1.9m/s||Bin Asmin, Mohd Naqib||RP||19||SYJAC|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||200m women||25.73s||25.51s||D/O Chandran, Kugapriya||SSP||16||Nat Sch, Day 8|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||200m women||25.73s||24.77s 1.5m/s||Pereira Veronica, Shanti||RP||18||SYJAC|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||100m women||12.24s||11.91s 1.1m/s||Pereira Veronica, Shanti||RP||18||SYJAC|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||100m hurdles women 0.838m||15.30s||14.69s 1.7m/s (H)||Wong Min, Jannah||RI||18||Nat Sch, Day 4|
|14.92s (F)||Nat Sch, Day 4|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||100m hurdles women 0.838m||15.30s||14.99s NWI||Ong, Jing Rong Kerstin||SSP||17||Series 3|
|Asian Junior (Taiwan)||100m hurdles women 0.838m||15.30s||15.07s 0.4m/s (F)||Zani, Nur Izlyn||SSP||16||SYJAC|
|15.22s 0.0m/s (H)||SYJAC|
For further qualification and selection matters please contact email_at_singaporeathletics.org.sg
15th Asian Junior Athletics Championships 2012